Which Vaillant Boiler

Options
I am in the process of replacing my old boiler.

I have been quoted for the following;

Vaillant ECO Pro 30 with 5 year warranty or,
Vaillant ECO 832 Plus with 7 year warranty for approx £80 more.

The 832 offers 12.8 l/m DHW compared to 12.3 l/m from the 30.

Would you guys recommend spending the extra £80 for slightly more water and 2 years extra warranty?

What does the warranty cover?

At the moment, we also have BG boiler cover (£27 p/m). This would obviously reduce with a new boiler (not investigated by how much yet).

Would you recommend cancelling the boiler cover due to the warranty, placing this money into a separate 'boiler account'? I am periodically away so have the cover for piece of mind for the family (BG have always came out within 24 hours - who do we contact with the Vaillant warranty? How quickly do they visit?)

Many thanks in advance...

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Valiant warranty is dependent on annual service by them or a skilled engineer , if the system not flushed prior to fitting they will nullify warranty
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • sarge123
    sarge123 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    The quote includes a Power Flush. Aware of the Annual Service requirement. I assume the service conducted by BG as part of the boiler cover (if we kept it up) would suffice?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    According to my heating engineer, who visited me just this week, the Plus and Pro are largely the same inside - the Pro as you have found is available in higher outputs.

The amount of hot water out is dependent on your cold water pressure, but £80 for another two years warranty may be worth your while.

My parents have a plus, we have a pro. The Pro is neater as it has a cover over the controls and the filling loop is a much better design, but it is larger.

As regards the warranty if you use a Vaillant fitter and there is a problem call them and they can often attend and claim the repair cost back, or they have direct contact with official Vaillant Engineers.

Outside of that you are into using Homeserve as they cover Vaillant Warranty repairs.

No need for BG cover whilst under warranty, unless it offers something over and above the basic warranty. BG call out may be quicker.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    Homeserve don't do Vaillant repairs Group Service do ��
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Valiant warranty is dependent on annual service by them or a skilled engineer , if the system not flushed prior to fitting they will nullify warranty
    No they dont.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Options
    what I was told by a Valliant service engineer as new heat exchangers are smaller bore and Teflon coated

https://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/plain-english-guide-to-boiler-jargon-261412.pdf

Your heating system should be thoroughly cleaned by flushing it with pressurised water

in line with the boiler manufacturer’s instructions. This should always be done before

installing a new boiler.

Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Valliant was installed by an authorised Valliant installer with 7 yr Gtee, he told me that powerflushing is more trouble than its worth, & Its got the 7 yr Gtee.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Homeserve don't do Vaillant repairs Group Service do ��

From my Vaillant Warranty. Your guarantee is operated by Homeserve.

When it had a fault it was a Homeserve operator who took the call, it was a Homeserve Engineer who came out.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    I would give those guarantees a score of 5/7.
  • sarge123
    sarge123 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for all the replies. A couple more of Q's if I may;

Does the warranty cover Parts & Labour or just parts (have looked on the website but couldn't find anything.

So the guarantee is covered by homeserve? if so, they should come out fairly quickly (just like BG). If the warranty was based around a local vaillant qualified engineer they could take a few days to attend due to how busy they were etc.

I am leaning towards the 832 due to the 7 years warranty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure