Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Speky! Unfortunately I'm going to have to take on a loan at some point later this year or next year as my kitchen will be a BIG job.

But need to save first
  • louby40
    Options
    Well not many NSD this month. I've been out for meals twice so far this week (one belated birthday meal and a lunch) and I'm off out for another meal tonight for a colleague whose leaving. My weight isn't shifting - I wonder why!!!

I have a consultant appointment tomorrow with a gynaecologist who I'm hoping is going to put me on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. Every thing else they've tried, drugs and various procedures have failed. Absolutely terrified because apart from having 2 kids I've never been in hospital.

Bonus is 8 weeks off work and not being able to drive will mean loads of NSDlol - every cloud eh!
  • crunch_time
    crunch_time Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Well not many NSD this month. I've been out for meals twice so far this week (one belated birthday meal and a lunch) and I'm off out for another meal tonight for a colleague whose leaving. My weight isn't shifting - I wonder why!!!

I have a consultant appointment tomorrow with a gynaecologist who I'm hoping is going to put me on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. Every thing else they've tried, drugs and various procedures have failed. Absolutely terrified because apart from having 2 kids I've never been in hospital.

Bonus is 8 weeks off work and not being able to drive will mean loads of NSDlol - every cloud eh!

Aw Louby sorry to hear you might have to have an operation. Im sure it will all be OK and for the best in the long run. 8 Weeks off work sounds awesome!! Every cloud!

Crunchy xx
    19/8/19 vs now Current Total debt £14,188 Savings £2757
    Overdraft £1600 vs £1050
    HSBC1 £1900 vs £3868
    HSBC2 £4100 vs £3730
    Virgin 1 £3050 vs £2800
    House stuff and improvements £4460 Virgin 2 £2740
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Hi, just read through and so impressed that you paid off the cards. Brilliant feeling and at least you can control if / when you take on more debt for the home improvements.
    Belated happy birthday and good luck at the hospital tomorrow. Hope you get listed for surgery if that is the best option.
  • louby40
    Options
    Only 3 NSD so far this month. Been to do the food shop £48. Bought a bulb for my car only to discover it was just a loose connection. £9.99 from Halfords. OH says I should take it back - not needed but knowing my luck I'll take it back then the bulb will actually go :rotfl:

Night in tonight with a film and some popcorn. Tomorrow OH and I are off to a Christening- not been to a christening for years, it's a work colleague little boy, so will be lovely. I love everyone I work with.

Then it's a week at work, then a week off and 5 nights in London
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sounds like a good weekend all in all Louby. Im not doing well with the NSD's either! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    NSD #4 - not brilliant!

Had a great weekend! We went to a really lovely christening yesterday, so lovely to share such a special day.

My boys are going on holiday with their dad on Thursday so I'm child free from then for a week. Me and OH are off to London on Sunday for 5 days, soooo excited. OH booked the wrong train so it's taking us 2.5hrs to get there instead of 90 minutes - but it's cheaper.

4 more days of work to get through
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    NSD #4 - not brilliant!

Had a great weekend! We went to a really lovely christening yesterday, so lovely to share such a special day.

My boys are going on holiday with their dad on Thursday so I'm child free from then for a week. Me and OH are off to London on Sunday for 5 days, soooo excited. OH booked the wrong train so it's taking us 2.5hrs to get there instead of 90 minutes - but it's cheaper.

4 more days of work to get through

I know that feeling re trains i travelled down from newcastle to kings cross at the weekend just gone engineering works meant my usual journey to get my sons was 5.5 hours each way instead of the usual 3.5 4hours gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Louby - A trip to the big smoke sounds ideal and nothing wrong with being a bit MSE about it. Knowing you, you'll have budgeted accordingly so I hope you can let the hair down and have a good 'un.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Well done on paying off the cards!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts