PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

New builds and incentives

I'm looking at a new build (an appartment) and have been offered 5% deposit plus all floorings and tilings.

We are going to discuss this tomorrow, and I was wondering how far to try to push the deal (other things that they offer are upgrades and supplied furniture).
Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.

Comments

• terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    :D if you are either a first time buyer or cash  your walking Gold dust.PUSH to the limit of what you need and then just before exchange PUSH again, if its a year end plot ie the developer is looking for you to move in at xmas push push, push and you will receive.
    Developer like to neaten up their figures for half year ends and xmas is a good time. if the plot is being brought off plan still above applies but you may not get as much , if the apartment you are buying is not same as /proposed show home tell the nice sales negotiator that you will be happy to have viewings after you move in, she/he will love that as nothing sells better than showing a nice young couple in sit; telling everyone how nice it is to live there and what a wonderful firm of developers to buy from.
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks a lot - will try that!
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure