Numerous cards/loans over the years - where to start?

Options
Folks

I'm completely new to this forum so please bear with me.

I've started PPI claims with my bank/credit cards but I've had numerous other credit/store cards, loans, insurances, a mortgage, etc. over the years but absolutely zero record of what/when/where. How can I get started seeing what I have and haven't had? Is there a 'research' place or company I can see my entire history laid out for the last 30-odd years??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Rob

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 November 2017 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Is there a 'research' place or company I can see my entire history laid out for the last 30-odd years??
    No, your data is not in the public domain.
    You'll have to start 'remembering' and if you think something was mis-sold, put in your complaint(s) with your reason(s) why.

*Don't use a claims company, you'd still have to provide all the details to them, and they'll charge a very large part of any recommence for putting a stamp on an envelope and posting your complaint for you.
  • Nastypastie
    Options
    I am in the same position with regards to PPI /Plevin as Robgrant.

I've had multiple mortgages, remortgages, loans, credit and store cards over the years and was naive about but circumstances mean haven't kept paperwork about the history.

PPI claims companies 'claim to be able to search for this history on an individual's behalf but reviews I about unscrupulous behaviour and charges, make me reluctant to even consider this route.

Does anyone know if I have any other more secure options for searching before I give up on it?
    Regards
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your secure options for searching are your memory and your credt report.

Claims companies cannot search anything you can't. And they need your permission and £10 to do the same thing you would

If you remember what lenders you had cedit with, you either phone and ask, but be aware that the in available to a phone operative may not be much, or you send a SAR and £10 to each company to see what's left.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure