BudgetBrain.com: Free online budget planners to analayse your finances

Options

Comments

• MoneySaverKaren
    Options
    Hi

Could someone please explain how the desired spend works. I think I must be doing it wrong because it always shows up on the last page of the online version in blue writing as zero desired spend. I am going back to the sheet and adding desired spend figures like it says to do after the budget has finished.

Is it for people who have spare money at the end of each month or for those who need to cut back and save in areas? I'd really appreciate some help on how I use it and what it is for.

Thanks.

Karen
    Official DFW Nerd #1283
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    LBM 17/12/09

Current Debt £28,000 (estimated)
    :eek:
  • welshnoonoo
    Options
    I originally wrote:

It took me a while to work out the desired spend, but basically as someone else has said - if you put in an annual figure in the first column, you have to put an annual figure in the desired column too. (or basically reflect whatever frequency in the desired column that you used in the first column).

Then you also have to put in all the rest of your spends even if they are not going up or down. The only ones you don't need to change are those that were £0.00

Does that help?

*** Whilst this appeared to be working as I was going along - when I pressed the red button - it was wrong!!!! My over spend was exactly the same even though I made cuts and the monthly and annual figure made no sense whatsoever! Aaaaargh!
  • welshnoonoo
    Options
    I have just gone back into the budget planner and it seems to work fine now - so maybe if you are getting obscure results, logout and log back in again.
  • 2flower
    Options
    I couldn't use this because it just kept telling me I wasn't logged in!!!
    What a shame.
  • Miss_Lj
    Miss_Lj Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    it was good to see it all for the year, something i never done before.
  • MartianGirl_2
    Options
    It would be useful if there was a way to move the spending items around within the categories and remove ones you don't want. So if I add an additional mobile phone category for example, I'd like it to appear next to the first one, rather than at the bottom of the page.
    Debt mountain: guessing at 38k...never added it up back then!
    LBM: About 3.5 years ago :idea:
    Debt now: [strike]£20543.46-(june 07) £15747 DFD: MAY 28 2009[/strike]
    [STRIKE]Last bit on CC - £1300[/STRIKE]
    Official DFW #663 -Proud to be dealing with my debt-
  • jaylake21
    Options
    Hi all,

Interesting in budgeting, but struggling with some of the areas. For example when I setting my income I wonder how i should go about setting it because at the moment I only work part time on a bar with no guarantee of how much I will work in a month.

Any help would be helpful.

Cheers.
    Jay
  • AsknAnswer2
    Options
    When I click on check my spend or the results, it doesn't give me anything. Not that there's any point in asking here. The link from MSE's budgeting section show this as a "technical questions" page - but I see no answers to previous queries!
  • MAD_JACK
    MAD_JACK Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent hours doing BudgetBrain only to find that it had stopped adding up the sections after the first two, so I saved all sections and logged out, thinking that I could go back in and add them up manually, but I cannot now log back into my Budgetbrain info as the system will not accept my password. To say I am pee-d off at the waste of time is an understatement. Wish I'd just done my own assessment on Excel instead.
  • frazzbo
    frazzbo Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I started this yesterday and then saved it with a view to continuing today, but when I tried to go back into it, it wouldn't accept my password. I know I am entering the correct one because it is exactly as it is in the confirmation email, but I even tried entering a different (wrong) one and it didn't even tell me that the password was incorrect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure