I've been invited to a "Performance Summary Meeting"

Options
In our company this is a meeting when your chances of being dismissed are very high. The meeting is scheduled for Friday but that gives me no time to prepare or find out information. I also wanted to take these two days off, which haven't been signed off yet.

Can you guys answer a couple of questions for me please?

1. If I have to take the leave for personal reasons and it's not approved by Friday, what are my options? I've replied saying that I can't make the meeting.
2. If I decide to resign, what are my options for financial support until I find a new position?

Comments

• SuperPikachu
    Options
    Do you mind if you lose this job?
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Based on previous posts I suspect not

OP - given you've replied already saving you can't attend meeting and your holiday absence isn't yet approved I wouldn't be planning to go in on Monday - what reason did you give for not attending ?

And in answer to 2) !!!!!! all - maybe the time to consider that was before you rejected the meeting
  • indianabones
    Options

I don't, it's the worst job I've ever had.

I was looking to get out anyway, just been a bit busy with my personal life to keep banging out applications.

I think I can cope for 3/4 months with my savings, so I have time to find a new position hopefully.
  • indianabones
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    OP - given you've replied already saving you can't attend meeting and your holiday absence isn't yet approved I wouldn't be planning to go in on Monday - what reason did you give for not attending ?

And in answer to 2) !!!!!! all - maybe the time to consider that was before you rejected the meeting

I used family reasons to not attend. But the real reason is, I have an interview at another company. I've been looking to get out for quite some time, just don't have the luxury of a year's worth of savings to afford being out of work too long.

Well I can cope for some time, but obviously if I can get help, why not.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    I used family reasons to not attend. But the real reason is, I have an interview at another company. I've been looking to get out for quite some time, just don't have the luxury of a year's worth of savings to afford being out of work too long.

Well I can cope for some time, but obviously if I can get help, why not.

You're going to be a father within weeks. Is it time to start taking your responsibilities a little more seriously?
  • indianabones
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    You're going to be a father within weeks. Is it time to start taking your responsibilities a little more seriously?

I'm a father already, but yes I will be a father for a 2nd time. I have bought a house in the last year and I've managed to do get where I am without owing anyone any money except for my mortgage. I think it's fair to say I'm very responsible.

I've not been in a position where I have made such a terrible decision (moving to my current company) and so this is all new to me. I have to face the consequences of my decision, which I am, but part of it is handling my current situation.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »

Ease up.

You do realise an employer doesn't want to keep someone who is clearly unhappy, and or, doesn't get results and brings the team down?

Only at 3 weeks in, I had my Manager ask if I dreaded going into work and that there was more to life then being in a job that wasn't right for the person.

It is not always the Employer saying you must be grateful for a job as much as the keyboard warriors on here seem to think.
  • indianabones
    Options
    Just an update. I handed my resignation in yesterday. I've been put on garden leave, but most importantly I've had my first clean night of sleep for a long time. My company will not be taking any further action and in return they want me to remain silent about all matters. Really big win-win for everyone.
  • Sarastro
    Sarastro Posts: 400 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2017 at 10:34PM
    Options
    You do realise an employer doesn't want to keep someone who is clearly unhappy, and or, doesn't get results and brings the team down?

Only at 3 weeks in, I had my Manager ask if I dreaded going into work and that there was more to life then being in a job that wasn't right for the person.

You have added these two statements up, haven't you?
    Debt 1/1/17 - Credit Cards £17,280.23; overdrafts £3,777.24
    Debt 5/1/18 - Credit Cards £3,188; overdrafts £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family