Tesco Personal Finance credit card ..... nobody wants to know!

Options
Wondering if anyone can help me? I had a credit card with Tesco Personal Finance around 1999 and used the Revolver tool to try and enquire about a PPI refund.

Tesco Bank have been in touch to say they do not deal with any PPI claims for Tesco Personal Finance and to contact RBS who Tesco Personal Finance worked with on credit cards loans etc.

RBS have said they don't deal with it and to contact Tesco.

I am going round in circles lol, does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Refer it to the Ombudsman
    Tesco sold it to you, they operated a joint venture with RBS.

Adivse them that you will be going to the Ombudsman
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • lyndsay_k
    Options
    I had a Tesco credit card starting in 1999 and I made PPI claim which was rejected in 2014.
    I didn't take it to the Ombudsman
    Two weeks ago I used the Resolver tool to claim the Plevin ruling and today have been offered just over £1900. Documents came through Tesco Bank.
  • hilbil21
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies. I have spoken to the Ombudsman today who have given me an email address to try. Fingers crossed
  • hilbil21
    hilbil21 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spoke with Ombudsman who advised should definitely be Tesco who is dealing with it. Phoned them back and they cannot find me on their system but said it might be worthwhile going to Ombudsman as when that request comes in to them they might have more luck! So thats what I have done
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hilbil21 wrote: »
    S they cannot find me on their system but said it might be worthwhile going to Ombudsman as when that request comes in to them they might have more luck!
    Sounds like you were fobbed off by the call centre operator. Why should you have to go to the Ombudsman at such an early stage?

However, do you know for certain you had PPI on this credit card? If not, this seems like a very long-winded way of finding out...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure