Natwest CC - 9 mths 0%

Options
13»

Comments

• elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Applied for NatWest and got accepted but only £1700 limit, balance transfered £1600 and got statement yesterday which now shows limit at £2050. The limit isn't great but all the credit checking etc was done so thought it best to go ahead.

Still need to transfer £3300 from Virgin so also applied for Mint. Mint seem very slow and don't know what limit will be, will have to wait and see.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My other half got his Nat West card through today. Limit a poor £1800. Not much use when I needed it to pay off £4300 of Egg debt. Even the CS person said it was very low.:(
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • mechy
    mechy Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My credit limis is £3250, more than enough for my purposes
  • realaledrinker
    Options
    Was told today that my limit is £1550!! This despite RBS not having done a search as far as I can see - at least not on Experian.

The call centre lady was very helpful & said their standard approach was to offer low limits & then reconsider when asked, having first had a look at your last 3 months bank statements or proof of savings.

Currently running a large print job printing off 3m of smile statements!!
    Ethical moneysaver
  • Tee-Es
    Tee-Es Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick question or two:

1) I have had a RBS credit card for years. If I were to apply for a NatWest CC (I intend to do that in November as my 9 months deal at Virgin comes to an end then), is it likely that I will get turned down because NatWest belongs to RBS?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes/probably: Would it be advisable to close the RBS card altogether (I use a Sainsburys CC for purchases etc. at the moment), and would this still be in time for November? I've read on here that people closed cards and reapplied after a certain period, hence the question.

Thanks in advance!

Tee-Es
    Wealth Warning

‘Be careful! Borrowing money costs money’
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business