Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    zagubov wrote: »
    Just got back from travels!
    Good morning to all regulars, posters and lurkers! :j

Welcome back zag, just in time for DM to go off on his travels.

Have a good time DM x
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments about the ring x

My first target is to sort the kids out... and to get in the new house in Spring... 1st fix electrics is underway x

Clearly buying as many things that are needed making the most of Mr T's generosity! They did have some nice stud earrings!

Wow you are doing better than we are with the house. :T:T
    We still have no windows or doors or floors or external drains :( OH busy doing the roof terrace floor but hopes to order windows and doors next week to get it water tight before the winter.

Same plan as you re to get in in the spring, just have not defined which year!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Also love your ring. Shame you cannot 4 x up on vouchers for windows :cool::cool:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Wedding anniversary very soon, racked my brain trying to think what to get him.
    Bright idea of buying him some woods/bowls now he has joined Bowling Club.
    But I don't know weight to get :o & would prefer vintage woods - oh pfaff :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Options
    :o

You go to bed & plan what to do the next day & lo & behold I'm still sat here at 11am having done nothing :o:o except learn about bowling
    Our Family Motto ~

• Sunshinemummy
    edited 14 August 2016 at 11:27AM
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Wow you are doing better than we are with the house. :T:T
    We still have no windows or doors or floors or external drains :( OH busy doing the roof terrace floor but hopes to order windows and doors next week to get it water tight before the winter.

Same plan as you re to get in in the spring, just have not defined which year!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Also love your ring. Shame you cannot 4 x up on vouchers for windows :cool::cool:

I have to admit the plan to move into the house in Spring has been proposed over a number of years. We could have moved into the garage a couple of years ago, but our current house is near my mum and I have caring responsibilities... she is nearly ready for a home... so freedom (that is not meant to offend... we have had caring responsibilities for the last 30 years with dad and then mum!)

We still don't have external drains... or even doors!

He tends to get the majority of materials off the internet which takes ages. He now has everything he needs to put the underfloor heating in, when this is done the doors will go in - which will make us water tight. We had the first quote for ground source heat pump... £41,000 ex. VAT... :eek::eek::eek::eek: Unless it comes down by 3/4 there is no way. I think they just saw a big house in a nice area... they missed the man in the middle of his mid life crisis with no income :rotfl::rotfl:

My tasks this week are to collect a heat exchange unit, and to return to collect the rest of the electric wire as there was too much to put in the car (OH said he has used the majority of what I collected).

Your roof terrace sounds fab, we have a little thingamabob that will need waterproofing/flooring (we have the stone to go around the edge (e-bay) and the glass for the balustrade (curtsy of a shop closing down and a friend who was in the know) we just need the metal frame.

I often think it would be lovely to have the money to just do the work, but then it would not feel like we have achieved an impossible task!

You will have to post some pictures when you can x

ooh... and I do use tesco gift cards as much as I can!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Wedding anniversary very soon, racked my brain trying to think what to get him.
    Bright idea of buying him some woods/bowls now he has joined Bowling Club.
    But I don't know weight to get :o & would prefer vintage woods - oh pfaff :o

What about getting him some lumps of wood, and a wood turning course.... he could make his own!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Snap-ant
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]MrsBartolozzi was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:):)

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

[/SIZE]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsJLq6fxWKRpzJ5q0dCU_obyArlWozNRZSuhUjYwJxPLPEaKgm
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    Options
    What about getting him some lumps of wood, and a wood turning course.... he could make his own!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

sawdust01.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    sawdust01.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    For those who got Zippy's fuchsia hanging baskets.....how are they doing? ....I've been regularly watering and dead heading but they look as if they are just on the turn......still very pretty but maybe just past their best
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills