Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi CBC,

Bet your enjoying your man free home...!!! ...

Love Puzz. x

Absolutely loving it_party_:dance::j:beer::rotfl:
  • Daydreambeliever
    Options
    Hello Puzz, I do hope the trap works for Steve, fingers crossed. My fur babies are indoors as well unless I am in the garden with them. I do hope your LM doing ok as well. I have just managed to catch up on you latest happenings and I do love your diary. I've learned so much and so inspired and no longer feel so ashamed. Losing count of my saving pots lol! Everyone is so lovely too.

Hope CBC is making most of the me time too while OH away.

It is such a good feeling to come to this site and know that everyone understands the journey of debt, and I have been on my DMP a long time and ashamed to say gained more credit half way through and second LBM was in 2015. But lesson learned big time. I often look at friends and work colleagues and wonder what stories they have hidden away, as I am sure if anyone knew my money journey they would be so shocked as I am so organised and the one who everyone relies on for the answers.

Well hope I haven't waffled too much and eager to hear what happens with Steve.

take care x
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Puzz, I do hope the trap works for Steve, fingers crossed. My fur babies are indoors as well unless I am in the garden with them. I do hope your LM doing ok as well. I have just managed to catch up on you latest happenings and I do love your diary. I've learned so much and so inspired and no longer feel so ashamed. Losing count of my saving pots lol! Everyone is so lovely too.

Hope CBC is making most of the me time too while OH away.

It is such a good feeling to come to this site and know that everyone understands the journey of debt, and I have been on my DMP a long time and ashamed to say gained more credit half way through and second LBM was in 2015. But lesson learned big time. I often look at friends and work colleagues and wonder what stories they have hidden away, as I am sure if anyone knew my money journey they would be so shocked as I am so organised and the one who everyone relies on for the answers.

Well hope I haven't waffled too much and eager to hear what happens with Steve.

take care x

Hi Daydreambeliever, Thanks for coming to say hello, waffle is good, we like a good chat on here... update on catgate coming next....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning..

Cat gate.. I keep singing that song... "I'm caught in a trap".. unfortunately so far steve has evaded the trap.. yesterday I had to go to a meeting and when I got back the trap had been entered and closed but no cat..:( not sure how it could get out as to release the door they have to go a fair way in.. ho hum.. trying again.. sardines and cat nip today. and I have relocated it under a little table.. who am I trying to fool.. cats are intelligent creatures.. just hope he's hungry and likes the smell of cat nip...!

Neighbour threw a hissy fit on Monday evening as her cat had an accident on her rug.. well tough.. I offered to clean it for her as she is a bit blonde and girly and said in exchange she can clean the dried up cat food off the metal trap under my garden table.. she didn't accept my offer but we are now on day 3 with all our cats in, if not caught today I expect we will have to leave it for the Easter weekend and try again next week.. or it could go in there porch for a night... rescue not keen on trap being left out overnight.. we will see.. fingers crossed, everybody pray... come on steve get in the trap...!!!

My cats although a little bored don't seem that bothered and just potter back to bed after meals...

Work taken a back seat this week so will have to up my game next week....!

And I bought the garden furniture.. ours is 9 years old, wooden, been stripped and varnished many times and is in danger of collapse so hoping I get my garden back, NO when I get my garden back we will have new furniture to sit on.. 25% off..:money: paid for in cash of course..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 13 April 2017 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Sorry you haven't caught Steve yet. Keep trying. He might just not be hungry if he's the sort of cat that sneaks into people's houses and steals their cat's food.

Why don't the Rescue people like the trap being left out overnight? Seems illogical as I would have thought it was the time when cats are on the prowl. Maybe they think you won't check until morning and a cat may have been trapped in there for many hours overnight and be stressed.

In my experience of using traps (I did a lot of voluntary work for a small local animal sanctuary and have successfully caught many a cat:j) I've never known one where the cat can go in, eat the food and get out again. Sounds as if yours is faulty. I'd contact the Rescue place for advice. I once tried to trap a cat in a very overgrown area by a disused railway line. I went to check the trap at dawn every day and there was a different cat in it every time:eek:. I must have caught all the pet cats in the neighbourhood at one time or another:rotfl:. I caught one cat twice, it wasn't very bright;). Obviously I released them all with no harm done to them but I never did manage to catch the elusive cat that I was after:(
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Sorry you haven't caught Steve yet. Keep trying. He might just not be hungry if he's the sort of cat that sneaks into people's houses and steals their cat's food.

Why don't the Rescue people like the trap being left out overnight? Seems illogical as I would have thought it was the time when cats are on the prowl. Maybe they think you won't check until morning and a cat may have been trapped in there for many hours overnight and be stressed.

In my experience of using traps (I did a lot of voluntary work for a small local animal sanctuary and have successfully caught many a cat:j) I've never known one where the cat can go in, eat the food and get out again. Sounds as if yours is faulty. I'd contact the Rescue place for advice. I once tried to trap a cat in a very overgrown area by a disused railway line. I went to check the trap at dawn every day and there was a different cat in it every time:eek:. I must have caught all the pet cats in the neighbourhood at one time or another:rotfl:. I caught one cat twice, it wasn't very bright;). Obviously I released them all with no harm done to them but I never did manage to catch the elusive cat that I was after:(

Hi cbc,

I don't think its faulty as I press the 'panel' to make it shut of an evening and it works fine, Whoever it was hadn't got as far as the food at the back so I think they got lucky and pressed the panel but were still near enough to escape..

Now I can pick your brains.. what food did you find most effective? and did you use any other tricks..??

I have just watched steve wandering up the other side of the road, in and out of everyone's front gardens.. he then crossed over to my side.. I am willing him to visit me.. bit of a change from previous..

The rescue don't like the idea of an animal.. cat/fox being trapped in the box whilst we all sleep.. personally I'm not sure I care, but I hope I don't trap a fox it would have to stay in until I could find a neighbour to let it out...! hate foxes....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi cbc,

The rescue don't like the idea of an animal.. cat/fox being trapped in the box whilst we all sleep..
    Love Puzz. x

Yes, I thought it might be that reason.

As to what 'bait' we used, it varied. Just 'normal' cat food often did the trick, preferably something strong-smelling. Your idea of sardines sounds good, although my own cat doesn't like anything fishy. I suppose a hungry stray will try anything though. Never tried catnip but sounds like a good idea.

Put the food well into the trap so it can only get at it by venturing right in. Leave a tempting little trail of food leading to the trap (not too much to sate it's appetite before it gets there though) although the disadvantage is that some other creature such as a bird or hedgehog might eat that.

Cats are willy little critters, you need to think of everything you can to outsmart them;)

Good Luck:beer:

My own cat (unlike myself:rotfl:) is really missing OH this week. He's wandering around like a lost soul and has barely touched his food even though I cooked a chicken specially as it's his favourite.
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j:j Got the cat.....:j:j:j
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :j:j:j Got the cat.....:j:j:j

Brilliant! What happens now?
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well done you.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback