Item Not Shown Up

Options
Hi, I ordered a £200 tablet about 3 weeks ago, the seller had been operating for a while and has a good reputation with positive feedback in the 10,000s. A few negatives, just people complaining about slow delivery!

I bought with my credit card thinking credit cards offered additional protection but all the "help" on ebay seems to be with respect to their PayPal guarantee. I guess PayPal is the better option with hindsight? I'm struggling to find advice on what to do if you paid with a CC.

So what's the refund process if you didn't use PayPal?

Actually, I don't recall how the transaction went through - would it still be processed by PayPal (as a guest), there is nothing in my PayPal account. I'll check what my CC statement says when it comes through.

I've contacted the seller through ebay "contact seller" and they seem sympathetic, agree it should have arrived by now and want to reassure me I won't lose any money but nothing seems to be happening. I'm hoping they'll credit back my card behind the scenes and there will be nothing to pay on my CC when the statement comes through, but if they have - they haven't told me. I will chase again.

So, if I have no luck negotiating with the seller, what are the next steps to get a refund?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has he given tracking or anything? If seller says it's lost and can't get to the bottom of it just ask for refund . If that fails I think you can contact your bank for chargeback?

I think you are covered well using credit card.
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Yes, I agree. What does the tracking state?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tracking should show where it is and if it was left with someone else like a neighbour etc.

Seller must have got tracking for an item worth that much? Get it and check it and then it will help you on whether to start things moving straight away.

My son posted a laptop and courier had left it with a dodgy neighbour who had decided to keep it. Thankfully my son had the number on the computer and he got it back as I think police got involved.
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have good protection if you paid by card. If you paid by card via Paypal you are better off ringing Paypal and asking them to open a case for INR.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just open an INR case through ebay - there's a 30 day time limit, so as you bought 3 weeks ago, do so without delay.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Just open an INR case through ebay - there's a 30 day time limit, so as you bought 3 weeks ago, do so without delay.

EBay cases are only for payments by Paypal. The OP seems to think they paid by card and specificially asks:
    So what's the refund process if you didn't use PayPal?

If they paid by card they have protection from the card company. If they paid through Paypal as a guest then they should ring Paypal and open a case there. You cannot open a case on eBay if you paid by Paypal guest.
    We’ve Got You Covered
    eBay Money Back Guarantee covers over 99% of listings on ebay.co.uk when you pay with PayPal.
    Some types of listings are excluded: vehicles, real estate, businesses for sale, and digitally delivered goods or service. You can find all the details on the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy page.
    Remember, if you paid as a PayPal Guest you can’t use this process, but you’re still covered by PayPal Protection. You’ll also need a PayPal account to use the eBay Resolution Centre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure