marketing companies [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• nickyb1984
    Options
    This 'Cobra' group are advertising all over the Leicestershire area - there are tonnes of adverts in the papers.
    I was tempted to call them, but I shant bother now.
  • Kahlon
    Options
    I had an interview with OMS Marketing yesterday in Leeds. I noticed this "company" had been mentioned above. I've been invited to spend a day with them next week on Tuesday. It seems they may be the same as the companies mentioned above. I will go down to see what it is all about. I'll be sure to ask plenty of questions too.
  • kingnoodle
    kingnoodle Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, after much job searching I was delighted to have been contacted by a company called "Pinnacle Promotions" based in Derby inviting me for an interview.
    I applied for this job through Reed so I assumed that they were safe, however after searching on the web and thanks to an earlier poster in this thread who had experience with this company I found that they are one of these such marketing scamming companies.
    I'm quite disappointed that such companies are still advertising on what many see as reputable web-sites and I believe it is a problem that needs sorting out.
    Just giving people a heads-up as these companies prey on us deseperate job seekers.
  • beepbeeprichie
    Options
    I think this is another one called Direct Monster Marketing, based in Nottinghamshire also and the office is in Old Street, anyone had experience of this company?
    I received the email below today and then googled to do some more research on the company for the interview, but don't think i'll bother now?

Dear Applicant

I would like to thank you for submitting your application for our current Marketing opportunities.

We have had a massive response to our recent adverts and are now coming towards the end of our initial recruitment process. Over the past few weeks we have been reviewing all applications in conjunction with our Managing Director and have selected approximately fifty percent of perspective candidates to attend an interview with us in order to discuss our roles in further detail. I am pleased to inform you that you are one of the successful candidates that we would like to invite in for a preliminary interview with our company.

Please select from one of the two interview options and e-mail me or call me with your name and number and your preferred date and time for your initial interview.

Wednesday 14th April 2010 at 10:00am
    Or
    Thursday 15th April 2010 at 10:00am

We have been inundated with calls so a prompt reply would help us to guarantee an interview space. Please note that once you have e-mailed me or called me with your preferred date, time and contact number this will be automatically booked for you – so you may not necessarily receive a confirmation. If you cannot attend the dates stated above please let me know so that we can alternative dates.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you soon.

PLEASE SEE ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:

PLEASE FIND DIRECTIONS BELOW: Monster Marketing Direct Ltd – 32-37 Cowper Street London EC2A 4AW

(Please note Cowper Street is abbreviated on this map as CO. ST)

If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minutes walk from Old Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit 4. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER Street on your right hand side. There is The Central Foundations Boys school on the right and we are on the left side of the road number 32a. The company is clearly sign posted at the entrance Innovation Marketing; this is where we (Monster Marketing) are also based. Our reception is located on the 2nd floor, please make you way in and report to reception with your name and state that your interview is with Monster Marketing.

Once in reception give your name and state that you have interview with Monster Marketing Direct.
    Please bring a copy of your CV and be dressed in business

Any problems feel free to give me a call.

************Please note that we are only interviewing applicants above the age of 18 with full working visa for the UK who are able to work on full time basis********* * *

Best of luck,

Kind Regards
    Jaimini Mistry
    Monster Marketing Direct

32a-37 Cowper Street
    London
    EC2A 4AW
    Tel: 0207 336 0060
    Fax: 02072512050
    Email: jaimini@monster-marketing.co.uk

COMPANY REGISTERED OFFICE :
    Market Square ,
    Retford,
    Nottinghamshire, DN226DQ

COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER: 6566409
  • limetart
    Options
    I think this is another one called Direct Monster Marketing, based in Nottinghamshire also and the office is in Old Street, anyone had experience of this company?
    I received the email below today and then googled to do some more research on the company for the interview, but don't think i'll bother now?

Dear Applicant

I would like to thank you for submitting your application for our current Marketing opportunities.

We have had a massive response to our recent adverts and are now coming towards the end of our initial recruitment process. Over the past few weeks we have been reviewing all applications in conjunction with our Managing Director and have selected approximately fifty percent of perspective candidates to attend an interview with us in order to discuss our roles in further detail. I am pleased to inform you that you are one of the successful candidates that we would like to invite in for a preliminary interview with our company.

Please select from one of the two interview options and e-mail me or call me with your name and number and your preferred date and time for your initial interview.

Wednesday 14th April 2010 at 10:00am
    Or
    Thursday 15th April 2010 at 10:00am

We have been inundated with calls so a prompt reply would help us to guarantee an interview space. Please note that once you have e-mailed me or called me with your preferred date, time and contact number this will be automatically booked for you – so you may not necessarily receive a confirmation. If you cannot attend the dates stated above please let me know so that we can alternative dates.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you soon.

PLEASE SEE ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:

PLEASE FIND DIRECTIONS BELOW: Monster Marketing Direct Ltd – 32-37 Cowper Street London EC2A 4AW

(Please note Cowper Street is abbreviated on this map as CO. ST)

If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minutes walk from Old Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit 4. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER Street on your right hand side. There is The Central Foundations Boys school on the right and we are on the left side of the road number 32a. The company is clearly sign posted at the entrance Innovation Marketing; this is where we (Monster Marketing) are also based. Our reception is located on the 2nd floor, please make you way in and report to reception with your name and state that your interview is with Monster Marketing.

Once in reception give your name and state that you have interview with Monster Marketing Direct.
    Please bring a copy of your CV and be dressed in business

Any problems feel free to give me a call.

************Please note that we are only interviewing applicants above the age of 18 with full working visa for the UK who are able to work on full time basis********* * *

Best of luck,

Kind Regards
    Jaimini Mistry
    Monster Marketing Direct

32a-37 Cowper Street
    London
    EC2A 4AW
    Tel: 0207 336 0060
    Fax: 02072512050
    Email: jaimini@monster-marketing.co.uk

COMPANY REGISTERED OFFICE :
    Market Square ,
    Retford,
    Nottinghamshire, DN226DQ

COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER: 6566409
    Hi beepbeeprichie!

I received the same email! So, what happened to you? Did you go to the interview?
    I have an interview tomorrow, so plz tell me what did you do?!
  • Stifler_017
    Options
    i went for an interview on wednesday 16th of september at 2.30 pm at pinnacle promotions in derby after applying for the job on fish4jobs.co.uk i recieved an instant reply asking me to attend the interview which i thought was a positive thing........after going to the interview i left with mixed feelings......that same day around 7m i recieved a phone call saying i had got through to the second stage interview which would be on friday......i went to the interview at 12pm by 1pm i was with a team of 4 people going to spondon in derby to do door to door sales(something that wasnt mentioned in the application or in the interview) i spent 10 hours! walking from door to door with one guy observing what he does on a day to day basis in other words THE 5 STEPS!! introduction, presentation, short story, close and rehash. after the day was over i drove yes i drove using my petrol the 4 guys back to derby city centre where i would have my final interview with boss.......i told him there and then i would not be taking the job on the internet it said there would be basic pay and yet when i asked it was commision based only!! the whole experience was shocking and uncomfortable to watch when i saw a 90 year old woman being pressured into giving 6.50 a month to the rspca its disgusting!!! i am writing this to let everyone know to keep away from pinnacle promotions and any toher company that works in a familiar way!!!
    Thing is tho I don't condome what they do, I happened to take a job in a office under the same organisation but the office I was in is called Keys worldwide....optimistic title since they have nothing to do globally. But because I had been unemployed for a year and three months at that point I was money starved so I stupidly accepted the position.
    All I can say to people is if wherever you go someone approaches you with a clipboard, in the middle of a street but mostly outside the job centre, talking about employment then mention, THE COBRA GROUP!!!, unless you think you are good at door to door imediately tell them where they can stick it.
    Now with pinnacle in my opinion I wouldn't really mind working there, because in this organisation you do a lot of travelling. My first day in the company at the end of it, my leader told me to talk to the main boss about going on a road trip with my leader to derby the following week.
    Of course they all made it out to be as if we was going to derby for the day, but after my boss had come telling me that I was going to derby with my leader, my leader soon told me it was for the week.
    I then immediately asked can I now come off because I wasn't intending to go for a week, but nope the damage had been done.
    Anyhow when we got to derby (very nervous myself meeting one set of strange loonatics, and now meeting a bigger bunch of looneys!)
    I actually enjoyed it because everyone up there was so much friendlier than swindon and had a lot more patience to help.
    But anyhow, despite what all offices will do to say that this is not a con or a scam, the simple fact of the matter is.....IT DAMN WELL IS!!!!! keys worldwide and pinnacle promotions work in the charity sector and they say the way that both, the charities and the office make money is they work on a formula of "for every £7 raised for the charity the office gains £1" now my maths aren't that great but from what I can understand this is all aload of bull!!!
    because for every person you sign up to the charity at the minimum donation of £8.50 a month you gain £15 from it and your crew leader takes a percentage and then so does the owner. Now the thing is people be thinking "yeah a percentage of the £15" no you still get £15, which confuses me. If it's £7-£1 ratio how can the "fundraisers" take £15 and the crew leaders and the owners take abit off of that??
    Also talking about bull!!! when I first joined up I was told that I would get £30 for every sale done at the minimum and you can imagine I was well excited thinking "wow I will be swimming in it" but then a few days later they started talking to me about bond returns basically "to stop you gettin into debt with the charity" so they said in actual fact what you do is you get £15 now and then another £15 in 5 months time depending uppon whether the customer you signed up is still donating.
    If the donor suddenly stops the donation the other £15 goes back to the charity.
    BUT it has been known under rumour that sometime's the owner cancels the donations deliberately, because apparently (again under rumour) if they cancel the £15 goes back to the charity but the owner still gets a percentage off of that, which to me is pretty messed up.
    And all along from my 3rd day to when I left, I had been thinking about that and making me feel like I didn't want anything to do with the company.
    But the final nail in the coffin for me was when the easter bank holiday came. We was told a month in advance that we was going to have bank holiday friday AND monday off and kept getting reminded about it throughout all the week. We had friday off, went in saturday did 3 sails felt good and I was in my leader's car at the end of the day and she asked me what me plans were for sunday, so I said to her that me and a friend were planning to go to a reading bike festival, we'd be camping over night and getting back bank holiday monday.
    She said "fair enough have a good weekend and hope you enjoy it"
    Anyhow me and my mate got to reading, pitched up the tents, cracked open a bottle of cider...as you do, finished it, opened another bottle........as you do. And then receive a phone call from my leader, having a 5 minute conversation about, how it's going, am I havgin fun, yada yada. And then she asks the quetion..."are you ready for tommorrow."
    Not trying to sound like an idiot, but just a confused individual replied "what do you mean." basically saturday morning in the "leaders meeting" where only leaders are allowed and of course me being the only non leader is not allowed to go, it was announced that we would be working bank holiday monday. And frustrated the absolute hell out of me!.
    Phoned my parents and explained the situation and said I want to leave it, what do you think?" Both replied that in these kind of organisations it is known that if you leave there and then on the spot that they take everything you've previously earned.
    So then I decided to deliberately get sacked, being the only way I could think of getting out of there safely.
    Even then I recon they still deducted abit from me!
  • Stifler_017
    Options
    limetart wrote: »
    Hi beepbeeprichie!

I received the same email! So, what happened to you? Did you go to the interview?
    I have an interview tomorrow, so plz tell me what did you do?!
    it is under the cobra group so as I said mate unless you think you're really good at door to door crap dont bother
  • will4298
    will4298 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was a con so to speak.

For those who dont know how it works (even after the LONG post :p)

There's a 'head office' called PerDm.
    All of these companies get their clients (British red cross, Miller Pattison and Talktalk) from this head office.

Now, the head office is actually a completely different company all together.
    Think of it as a partnership/franchise

If you earn £160 in 7 weeks, you done better than me, i earned £60 in the same space of time it got to the point where i couldn't afford to even get into work.
    People owed me money who left just before they were due to pay me.

I mean from my eyes, if you really do put TONS of effort into it, then it'll pay sometime
    The management program was told to me. i was informed i could have my own office in the space of 6-8 months.
    I did see someone get promoted who opened an office in Birmingham.
    I'd recommend it if you've been unemployed for a long time, even if its just to get the experience.

The company i worked for was called Marketing Concepts Scotland LTD.
    I was told to tell customers that i was actually from Miller Pattison (surely this is misleading?)
    Although i just explain i was working on behalf of them instead.

I think to conclude, it's not a scam if you're in it for the long haul.
    But for an 18 year old who had to work 13 hours 5 days a week then 7 hours on a Saturday, it just wasn't viable.

Make your own mind up as to what you think about it.
    I personally wouldn't do it again.
  • will4298
    will4298 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    nickyb1984 wrote: »
    This 'Cobra' group are advertising all over the Leicestershire area - there are tonnes of adverts in the papers.
    I was tempted to call them, but I shant bother now.

haha!
    Cobra were PerDm's main competitors.
    I wouldn't suggest going into door to door sales on the front.

If you had a bad day or didn't pull out 4-5 sales a day it was YOUR fault and YOU need to change your attitude.

I'm not so sure, i mean do it if you fancy it, i wouldn't recommend it though :p
  • Roshi53l
    Options
    Ok. So i'm brand new to this forum and just thought i'd share.

I recieved an email from Felix Marketing Global Ltd inviting me in for an interview with a Managing Director today at 10.
    I decided to do a little research and checked their website and noticed it never actually tells you what they do - which is annoying but then i stumbled across this and a few other forums. What's convinced me to give it a miss was seeing beepbeeprichie's post. The email i got was different at first but has the exact same address and location instructions i got.

"...If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minutes walk from Old
    Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit
    4. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER Street on your
    right hand side. We are on the left side of the road, and the company is
    clearly sign posted at the entrance Felix Marketing. Our reception is
    located on the 2nd floor, please make you way in and report to reception
    with your name and state that your interview is with Felix Marketing Global.
    *Please note all applicants must be professionally dressed for the
    interview, be over the age of 18, and have legal working rights for the UK.
    Please ensure you bring a copy of your current updated CV with you.*
    Kind Regards,
    Catherine Byrnes

Felix Marketing Global Ltd
    32a - 37 Cowper Street,
    London EC2A 4AW
    <felixmarketinggroup.com>
    Ph. +44 (0) 207 336 0060
    Fax. +44 (0) 207 251 2050 "

Methinks i'll steer clear...
    Thanks to everyone who posted, saved me from walking into a trap...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure