Todays ms update

Options
Every since I got the update earlier today when I close the lid of my laptop the reopen again the screen is blank with no icons and however long I leave it they don't reappear

Until............

I crash it and let it reboot - then they reappear.

How can I correct this?

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 14 September 2017 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Don't close the lid?

Only joking... what has your laptop previously done when you closed the lid and reopened it again?
    You need to have a look at the additional sleep settings by typing powercfg.cpl into Cortana/search
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Don't close the lid?

Only joking... what has your laptop previously done when you closed the lid and reopened it again?
    You need to have a look at the additional sleep settings by typing powercfg.cpl into Cortana/search

Previously if I closed the lid and reopened again the desktop would reappear normally.
    I know you were joking but not closing could be an option.
  • aardvaak
    Options
    Don't close the lid?

Power settings are ticked HP Recommended
  • aardvaak
    Options
    Don't close the lid?

I have gone to change when the computer sleeps and changed turn off the display to Never and that seems to have fixed it but it's odd why I needed to do this as the previous setting where working ok.
  • aardvaak
    Options
    Don't close the lid?

This is odd as an experiment I returned all the settings to what I had previously and all is working ok again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure