Can I get some advice please

Options

Comments

• tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 16 May 2017 at 5:28AM
    Options
    Hi Max and Sasha
    Welcome to one of the friendliest and most helpful forum.
    If you are feeling brave you could post your statement of affairs (SOA) so that the great peeps such as Sourcrates (and too many others to mention) can help you clear those debts by suggesting savings and cutbacks that you maynot be aware of.
    Good luck whatever you do, and if you want an inspiring tale read the opening post in Eleven years a slave.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a question or 2 ,

I am just going through old paper work from B + E getting ready for the battle ahead with the creditors and also any letters I got from creditors, I totally forgot I cca,d in 2014 all 7 of my creditors I am embarrassed to say only 2 out of the 7 got back to me, 1 saying they didn't have it ( cl finance) who have since sold it to robinson way and 1 who did but I am not sure if it's a made up copy but it has both my and my wife's signature on it, If I am honest I didn't really know what I was doing and I never acted on them , sitting here 3 years later still paying them I feel such a fool, but this time I am so determined to sort this.

Sorry for rambling on but I am raging at myself, so I have a question 1 of my debts is still with the original lender capital one is it worth cca ing them, this account goes back too 2005

Thanks

Max����
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a wee update, all creditors have been CCA,d got 2 reply all ready 1 saying they are dealing with our request and the 2nd saying they are looking into our query and in the meantime they won't ask for payment from us, is this a good sign or just standard? It's for my biggest debt

Thanks for any reply so

Max
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just a wee update, all creditors have been CCA,d got 2 reply all ready 1 saying they are dealing with our request and the 2nd saying they are looking into our query and in the meantime they won't ask for payment from us, is this a good sign or just standard? It's for my biggest debt

Thanks for any reply so

Max

Standard par for the course!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi sourcrates

Thanks for replying, I had my hopes up to early then? What are the chances of them actually having the correct paper work, this debt has been sold on several times, I think this is the 3rd different collector and this account dates back to roughly 2003/4 if my memory serves me right

Max
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi sourcrates

Thanks for replying, I had my hopes up to early then? What are the chances of them actually having the correct paper work, this debt has been sold on several times, I think this is the 3rd different collector and this account dates back to roughly 2003/4 if my memory serves me right

Max

It's anyone's guess, it's a case of sitting and waiting to see what they can provide.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Max and Sasha

Good news that you’ve left the fee charging DMP, it will really help you become debt free quicker! Just a word on the CCA request, the DCA (or original creditor if they still own the debt) is obliged to respond with 12 working days. They must provide a true copy of the agreement. That doesn’t need to be the original or have your signature on it, but it must show the original terms and conditions and your personal details.

If the agreement was taken out before 6 April 2007, and the DCA fails to provide a true copy, it becomes irredeemably unenforceable. That means you will still owe the debt and can be pursued by the DCA but they should not be able to obtain a CCJ. This may give you some leverage to negotiate a write off or full & final settlement.

For debts taken out on or after 6 April 2007 if they fail to provide a true copy of the agreement it only becomes enforceable on an order from the court. That means it’s the same rules as above but a CCJ can be granted if the court agrees to it. Good luck!

Susie
    @natdebtline

We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi ,

All my debt are from at least 2005 as that's when I started with B + E, I have paid them a fortune over the last 12 years but that's in the past only looking to the future now

Max
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi guys

I got a response from my second account that I have with robinson way but all they have done is send back a letter with my postal order and all the letter says is " please see £1.00 CCA fee" and nothing else, I am confused as what this means . The postal order was filled out the same way as all the rest of them, anyone any ideas. What do I do now ? Should I phone them ?

Max
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Can someone please tell me if this is correct?

I phoned robinson way earlier regarding the cca request that they returned with the postal order, they basically told me that a store card which this account with them is ,( old comet account for a washing machine) does not have or require to have a CCA,

Does anyone know as I thought it was only overdrafts or mobile phone contracts that didn't need cca,s

Thanks

Max
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family