Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• thriftyscotslass
    thriftyscotslass Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, have been awol again for a couple of days. Things are a bit strained here at the moment - real life is getting in the way and no crafting or even looking at crafting is getting done :(.

Dh was ready to walk out his job on Monday - we've come to an agreement that if he does need to walk, he'll walk out the door and get himself signed off on sick with the doctor. At least if he does have to leave, I'm going to try to get him to do it "properly". I have come to the conclusion that dh is most likely an undiagnosed Aspergers but a lot milder than ds (well it is genetic and does run in families :o) and he also stresses +++ and can't cope when all the rules are broken - a company in melt down is not a good place for an Aspie to be.

My Mum and brother are playing silly @rses again - they haven't sent dd a card or pressie for her birthday although they managed to do so for ds two months ago, so she is naturally very upset. I haven't got the strength for their toxic game playing at th emoment so I am keeping well away from them.

To top it all, ds has to be assessed by an independent doctor to see whether he is eligible for dla - so all my reports from CAMHS, Educational Psychologists, Adult Disabilities Social Services are not sufficient for a straight renewal - he is going to be reviewed by a doctor who doesn't know him or his history - great :mad:. I feel like a criminal, that I am trying to "steal" money that we are not entitled to - it is an absolute nightmare.

I'm going to see my own doctor tomorrow as this lady is out of fight.

Hopefully, the next time I pop back, I'll have more positive news and be able chat about making cards. Hugs to all (esp OAP & Rusty), Thriftyxxx
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    PepPop wrote: »
    Scatty OH keeps telling me if it were left up to him he would throw everything away :eek: (I admit it I'm a horder - but you would be amazed and what I can find to use for my craft stuff :))

On another note - for those of you with a thing for ribbons check out this blog page. This looks more like a shop that a craft room. It's incredible. The first pic reminds me of Rusty's zimmer

Ta! PepPop, I love this blog to bits! I can't tell you how many images I used but it's loads.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    ((((((((( Huge hugs ))))))) thrifty
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations scattyjan, choccy & rusty:j
    Thrifty I'm so sorry things seem to be going wrong for you at the moment I hope there is soon some light at the end of the table look after your self.

I read some reviews on the nellie sneldon flower punchs and none of them were very good I'm afraid
  • THE-WIFE_3
    Options
    Nellie girls, I've just bought a Marianne Designs die from Craftsulove, I'll let you know how I get on. Lets see if it cuts the mustard in my Wizzy.

Just a quickie, what's the best PM colour to use on a Tilda face, I've made her look quite poorly, poor thing :D

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    Congratulations scattyjan, choccy & rusty:j
    Thrifty I'm so sorry things seem to be going wrong for you at the moment I hope there is soon some light at the end of the table look after your self.

I read some reviews on the nellie sneldon flower punchs and none of them were very good I'm afraid

I would look into sending mine back but postage would be quite high and it would take my spend under £40

thrifty sorry you are having a tough time at the moment

congratulations scattyjan, rusty and choccy:T

padster well done for surviving the dentist even though it sounded:eek:

tiredmom hope you enjoyed your rainbow training - sounds like fun!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Hassy
    Hassy Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    Thrifty I am so sorry you are having a frustrating and upsetting time of it at the moment.. I do hope that your doctor can help you tomorrow...
    Don't worry about off loading on here, it's all part of being a merry band of lovely ladies.. :D
    Self imposed crafty stash ban: started again 22/8/10 1 whole month stash free!
    I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash! :o
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    DTB I know what you mean about royal mail it seems to be a lottery i posted letters first class on friday and some got there sat , some mon , tues and today . Posted 3 huge parcels too 1 arrived monday 1 tuesday and 1 today. no rhyme or reason to it. Hope you get to hear about the job soon and hope it will be yours.

Scatty jan, rusty and choccy . Huge congrats on your challenge wins.

Thrifty . So sorry to hear things aren't going well . DLA seems to be another lottery and those who need it most have to fight hardest. Hope it all goes well and do remember to look after yourself it's so easy to forget in everything that's going on.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Big hugs Thrifty - can be much more use than that.

OH's boss can't make a decision either DTB - they lost a programmer that they really needed this week coz he f*rt @ssed about :o Chocolate is also good for waiting :p

Thanks for reminding me about Midsomer Murders Hassy
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Glittermum - your easel cards are fab!!!! Its hard to choose a favourite 'cos they're all great butI think I like your green mother one best!

Bunbun - your cherry card is lovely - the colours are so bright and cheery - I've got that stamp but I haven't used it yet!

Pointofnoreturn - your charm bracelets are fabulous - I think your pink one is my favourite!!!

CraftyJuJu - your bag charms are so pretty - I love the butterfly charm!!!

PepPop - crikey - that woman really likes ribbon!!!!

ScattyJan/Rusty/Choccy - congrats on your wins!!!

Thrifty - I'm so sorry to hear about everything that's been going on - sending you big hugs!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure