Partner checking dating site?

Options

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Comparing Facebook and a paid-for dating website is like comparing an apple and an elephant.
    I may have got this wrong but I thought the whole idea of registering on a dating website was to find a partner.

Having friends and relatives comment on your photos is very different to going back into a dating website to see who may be interested in you.
    No it isn't. It's not like she re-registered or continued paying a subscription, she'd already paid for a year. It's not a crime to want other peoples' opinions about yourself even if you're in a relationship. Some people here do seem to be really insecure.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    No it isn't. It's not like she re-registered or continued paying a subscription, she'd already paid for a year. It's not a crime to want other peoples' opinions about yourself even if you're in a relationship. Some people here do seem to be really insecure.
    But it's not just 'other people's opinions'.
    It's people who were (or maybe even are) potential partners.
    Some people here do seem to be really insecure.
    Except perhaps if they have a very insecure partner.

That's twice you've mentioned insecurity when quoting my posts.
    I don't know who you're directing that to but if it's me and my partner - you couldn't be further from the truth. :rotfl:

However, I do agree that the OP appears to be very insecure.
    One of his other threads said as much.
  • zagfles
    Options
    But it's not just 'other people's opinions'.
    It's people who were (or maybe even are) potential partners.
    It's strangers on a website. If she has no interest in meeting them then what's the problem?
    That's twice you've mentioned insecurity when quoting my posts.
    I don't know who you're directing that to but if it's me and my partner - you couldn't be further from the truth. :rotfl:
    Sorry it's definitely not personal and I can't even remember that other post, I just respond to what I see written. It's just a general sense I get on this board that posters seem to be very insecure.
    However, I do agree that the OP appears to be very insecure.
    One of his other threads said as much.
    Which is why he should be helped to overcome it and try to have faith in his new partner, instead of being encouraged to throw in the towel and give in to his insecurities.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    IWhich is why he should be helped to overcome it and try to have faith in his new partner, instead of being encouraged to throw in the towel and give in to his insecurities.
    Oh believe me, I - and other posters - have tried to help the OP.
    Here's one example:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5602213
  • zagfles
    Options
    Oh believe me, I - and other posters - have tried to help the OP.
    Here's one example:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5602213
    So what are you doing now then? Just having fun with him?
  • davidwood123
    davidwood123 Posts: 471 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2017 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Bit of advice OP. If you carry on acting the way you are she'll be off regardless.

Just take things slowly and one day at a time.

* Just read your other post. You're the problem.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cat
    You are really feeling pretty vulnerable about this aren't you. Your posts on other issues appear that you are a young, confident go getter.

You talk about your age, your lack of debt, your savings, your home so I am guessing (and of course it is only a feeling) that relationships are the place in your life where things have not been quite so good?

You need to jump on anyone who questions you makes it all the more clear you are fragile in this relationship. I am guessing it has taken you a while to find this perminant relationship and you are worried about it slipping away.

My advice, for what it's worth, is to step back and watch and listen. Dont question there is no need , the answers will become apparent without you jumping in with both feet.

She will either look and walk away or look and get out of your relationship you appearing demanding and insecure will not help. I appreciate you don't admit to feeling insecure but simply posting the question validates this as does your need to slap everyone on here down.

So deep breathe carry on with life and let things evolve naturally, if she is deep down unhappy with the relationship then no amount of you clinging on will make any difference.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    So what are you doing now then? Just having fun with him?
    No, I'm not.

I think - until he gets all his paranoia, jealousy and insecurity issues sorted out in his own head - he isn't ready for a relationship.
    He's looking for things to go wrong, he's - as I said in my post on his other thread - over-thinking things.

Hence my advice.
  • davidwood123
    Options
    No, I'm not.

I think - until he gets all his paranoia, jealousy and insecurity issues sorted out in his own head - he isn't ready for a relationship.
    He's looking for things to go wrong, he's - as I said in my post on his other thread - over-thinking things.

Hence my advice.

:money:

Things always go better if you just sit back, calm down and enjoy the ride
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    She is not a partner . She is a girlfriend.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure