Mag Dailies - time for a change?

Options
It's been brought to my attention that I don't update the Mag Dailies thread enough. To put things into context, when I took over in January I probably updated near enough every 24 hours, sometimes more if I were online a lot.

As the year's progressed, Real Life has taken over with illness and house renovations, meaning sometimes I simply don't have an internet connection at all, sometimes just a phone on which it is impossible to update the Mags list.

Updating began to average around 2-3 times a week, and I went AWOL for a week with an unscheduled hospital stay. And then a scheduled stay just after that ...

I know that come Nov/Dec Real Life will only get more hectic, and I don't want to have people being annoyed with me ...

So, if anyone wants to take over. That's fine. Leave a note below.

If not, I'll just continue doing as much as I can do (I really don't mind carrying on with it) and hope people can forgive the ad-hoc nature.
I just want to make it clear that this is not my moan ...

Comments

• OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    :A
    more measured than I could have done

(Word doc.?)
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (Word doc.?)

:D Yes! ....
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's been brought to my attention that I don't update the Mag Dailies thread enough. To put things into context, when I took over in January I probably updated near enough every 24 hours, sometimes more if I were online a lot.

As the year's progressed, Real Life has taken over with illness and house renovations, meaning sometimes I simply don't have an internet connection at all, sometimes just a phone on which it is impossible to update the Mags list.

Updating began to average around 2-3 times a week, and I went AWOL for a week with an unscheduled hospital stay. And then a scheduled stay just after that ...

I know that come Nov/Dec Real Life will only get more hectic, and I don't want to have people being annoyed with me ...

So, if anyone wants to take over. That's fine. Leave a note below.

If not, I'll just continue doing as much as I can do (I really don't mind carrying on with it) and hope people can forgive the ad-hoc nature.
    I just want to make it clear that this is not my moan ...

well, i'm gobsmacked & I hope it's ok to add
    that whoever is complaining & bought it to
    your attention that they
    should try running the thread & not be so rude!
    I for one am very grateful for all the work you do on
    the thread & looking after it & my honest opinion is
    whoever it is/they are not happy with you I
    would tell them to politely
    go :whistle:
    please keep up the great work x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• ellie_the_owl
    Options
    I agree with Firefly, you do an amazing job and I'm always grateful!
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You do a brilliant job, thank you for all you do.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,195 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ditto to all the above, and I add my heartfelt thanks for all you do. Maybe (trying to be the devil's advocate here), the person who is moaning assumes you are a paid team member? Some people just don't realise how much purely voluntary effort goes into this board. If they wouldn't consider 'working' for nothing it may not occur to them that others are willing to.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    why can't people simple get ONE link from your thread? The other comps t each mag appear on the page, lots of the same answers so do not need each one up dating, whoever complains heed to 1 get a life or 2 do it themselves, ignore the idiots you are doing fine. Real life for most of us gets hectic this time of year, Keep on keeping on :)
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    well, i'm gobsmacked & I hope it's ok to add
    that whoever is complaining & bought it to
    your attention that they
    should try running the thread & not be so rude!
    I for one am very grateful for all the work you do on
    the thread & looking after it & my honest opinion is
    whoever it is/they are not happy with you I
    would tell them to politely
    go :whistle:
    please keep up the great work x

My thoughts exactly!
  • I don't comment on here much any more due to the constant backbiting but I would love to just say that you are doing a great job.I cannot see why anyone would complain to you. If you miss an update it isn't hard for anyone to realise there must be a problem. Thank you for all your effort in keeping the thread going.
  • brownhandbag
    brownhandbag Posts: 1,856 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Dear WAG, you do a fab job! Whoever "brought it to your attn" is being v cheeky and they can bog off! If they don't like how things are done here than there are other comping sites they can use. BH xxx
    total wins 2013 £5500 2014 £7500 2015 £23,900 2016 £10,650 2017 £13,040 2018 £10,620 2019 £10,115 2020 £3970.00
    ITV Winners Club Member #131
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport