car leasing, does anyone have experience of it?

Options
2»

Comments

• financialdisease
    Options
    sinbad182 wrote: »
    Win win if you're happy driving a clapped out shed around.

You strike me as the kind of guy who parks his car on his lawn. Some people have more self respect than that.

Its more a case of turning up at business premises in Banger wont stand up for promoting professionalism
    ♥ ♥ Happiness = Freedom ♥ Freedom = Happiness ♥♥
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends on the banger. A 10 year old Jaguar will look better than a 10 week old Polo, if it's been looked after properly.
  • jumperjohn
    jumperjohn Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    Depends on the banger. A 10 year old Jaguar will look better than a 10 week old Polo, if it's been looked after properly.

No it wont.
  • financialdisease
    Options
    The last car was a megane we were quite happy with that but they are quite a bit more to lease than the Nissan is.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

You strike me as the kind of guy who parks his car on his lawn. Some people have more self respect than that.

No one said it has to be a rust bucket on it's last legs. I have a car port to park my car in so no need to park on the lawn.

You sound like someone who gets a new car to keep up with the joneses. Recession white Qashqai am I right? I'm seeing plenty of those about at the moment, along with Jukes also in recession white.
  • financialdisease
    Options
    Im new here and have already noticed that threads tend to vear off topic quite quickly!
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Things to consider:-

What age does your CC policy allow?
    What mileage are you going to be doing?
    What is the additional cost, if any, of getting class 1 business insurance on the vehicle?
    Do you want to own the car at the end?

As an example:-

I get cash for cars and i bought a new car.

Restrictions on vehicle age and my varying mileage meant that a lease / pcp was too much of a punt.

Punitive mileage rates can soon stack up if you aren't careful.

Remember to factor in costs like servicing, tyres, VED, having cover if your vehicle is off the road (assuming that's in your CC policy) and the like.

You can't always run a banger, no matter what people on here sometimes think.
  • financialdisease
    Options
    Answered beside your very useful comments thanks

alleycat` wrote: »
    Things to consider:-

What age does your CC policy allow? No restrictions that I know of but will check it out

What mileage are you going to be doing? Previous years just over 2500 business miles

What is the additional cost, if any, of getting class 1 business insurance on the vehicle? On the megane it was an additional £40 pa

Do you want to own the car at the end? Not 100% decided or bothered

As an example:-

I get cash for cars and i bought a new car.

Restrictions on vehicle age and my varying mileage meant that a lease / pcp was too much of a punt.

Punitive mileage rates can soon stack up if you aren't careful.

Remember to factor in costs like servicing, tyres, VED, having cover if your vehicle is off the road (assuming that's in your CC policy) and the like. I didn't think of any of these!

You can't always run a banger, no matter what people on here sometimes think.
  • edpvito
    edpvito Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options

I thought this website was for people who valued not being skint over pride?

You can buy very nice cars for under £1000 that will retain their looks and functionality with minimal effort. Sodding what everyone else thinks of you is the ultimate in self respect.
    Debt [STRIKE]06/14[/STRIKE] 09/14 : [STRIKE]MBNA: £252[/STRIKE]
    AMEX: [STRIKE]£1283[/STRIKE] £615
    Northern Rock: [STRIKE]£3300[/STRIKE] £2500
    Santander Overdraft (at pay day):[STRIKE] £1200[/STRIKE] £1000
    Swedish Tax Office: [STRIKE]£428[/STRIKE] £1000
    Debt free goal date: 06/15
  • sinbad182
    sinbad182 Posts: 619 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    edpvito wrote: »
    I thought this website was for people who valued not being skint over pride?

You can buy very nice cars for under £1000 that will retain their looks and functionality with minimal effort. Sodding what everyone else thinks of you is the ultimate in self respect.

No, regardless of what the banger driving scruff pots try to tell you I'm pretty sure this website is about getting what you want as cheaply as possible.

That doesn't automatically mean driving around looking as though you've lost your job, house and will to live all in one go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure