We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Garden Bargains Or Recommended Buys?

Options
Eenymeeny
Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
edited 9 September 2017 at 8:53AM in Gardening
Sorry, I don't know if there's already a similar thread on Greenfingered Moneysaving but I noticed a bargain in Wilkinson's today and wasn't sure where to post it so here goes...
Stainless steel, wooden handled hand tools reduced from £5 each to £2.50 each while stocks last. I bought the trowel at full price earlier in the year and was surprised how much easier it was to use than my old assorted trowels, which I've realised I'm not using any more. Always a good sign with new tools!
They also had other reduced items to clear which may be of interest to gardeners.
Maybe we can use this thread for other 'garden bargains'?
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
:A:beer:
Please and Thank You are the magic words;)

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morrisons are selling their range of wildlife-friendly perennials and shrubs at £1 right now.

They were good value at £2, so even better with this offer.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Morrisons are selling their range of wildlife-friendly perennials and shrubs at £1 right now.

They were good value at £2, so even better with this offer.

Ta, I'm off to Morries for some bread and bits anyway so will have a poke around
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway
    Options
    Back form Morries, found Delphinium & Tanacetum for a quid each, time will tell if a bargain or not, but I have always found Morries plants to be good growers
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Selections may be random.

No tanacetum where I was, but a Eleagnus ebbingei for a quid is well worth it. Just wish they'd had enough to make another hedge, but some of my many cuttings may strike. There's security in numbers!
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Posted yesterday on HDUK,
    Poundstretcher - all Seeds were 39p now 20p per pack.
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • Farway
    Options
    In Wyvale garden centres, some clearance seeds, 50p packet. Not all varieties and not all seeds. Mine were in a rummage through bin near the check out
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    All garden related stuff - including all the seeds - now 75% off in Wilko :)
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aldi are promoting their garden tools, benches etc today. As I understand it they are available online now https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/2018-03-01?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3AGarden&page=0 then available from shops on Thursday 1st March. Free standard delivery offered :)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure