IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye ticket at Drs surgery

Options
Hello,

Apologies to start a new thread however I feel this is a particularly unique situation.

My sister was picking up a prescription for me from a doctors surgery/chemist in Woking, Surrey where you need to enter your registration number on a screen in the surgery once you've parked.

She had a newborn baby and there were problems in the chemist and therefore my sister had to wait quite some time. Her baby was very hungry and so my sister went back to the car to breastfeed her (new mother so hadn't mastered the art of public BFing). She was very stressed and didn't even realise she needed to enter her car registration into a screen.

My sister did try appealing the parking ticket under the grounds she was breastfeeding her newborn baby in her car whilst the chemist had problems with the NHS perscription service. They obviously declined the appeal and my sister has given up the fight (due to now being a very busy mum of a 5 month old) and ended up paying the fine.

My question to you knowledgeable people is, is there still a fight to be had? I can't fathom the fact they would not cancel the ticket when they knew it was a new mother feeding her child?!?!

Any help you could give would be gratefully received. I really want to make a thing of this but at the same time, if there is no point, I won't waste the energy!

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Which PPC please?

Once they've been paid, blood and stone is their motto! Your sister would need to resort to litigation to have any hope of seeing even a penny of her money ever again.

She could issue a MCOL on either (or both) the PPC or the Chemist (if it is they who contracted the PPC).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • sjs13
    sjs13 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Which PPC please?

Once they've been paid, blood and stone is their motto! Your sister would need to resort to litigation to have any hope of seeing even a penny of her money ever again.

She could issue a MCOL on either (or both) the PPC or the Chemist (if it is they who contracted the PPC).

Hello, I thought it would be bad news once paid!
    It was from PrivateEye - it is the Doctors and Chemist that contracted them in. Can I ask what a MCOL is please?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sjs13 wrote: »
    Hello,

Apologies to start a new thread however I feel this is a particularly unique situation.

There is nothing at all unique about this.

Please read the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum for all you need to know about fighting Parking Eye.

And as another prong,I would be advising your sister to be making a very strong complaint to the Docs about their inability to do-right by the Equalities Act, which classes breastfeeding mothers as having a protected characteristic. Which may be enough to spur them-on to get you a refund on her ill-advised payment!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    Options
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    sadly .... as above you have little chance of a refund .......

you / your sister can inflict a little grief back if you wish .....

as mentioned complain to the surgery ...... strongly

then please consider this ....

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family