Closing shop for Christmas due to slow post.

Options

Comments

• celestius
    celestius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    densol wrote: »
    I stopped selling at the beginning of December and will start again on 2nd Jan - its nice to have a long break :)

Wish I could afford it! This is my busiest time of year, selling 4 x the usual amount, so I will be working right up to the last minute!
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    We've closed. I don't want any stress from Ebay over Christmas, so it's easier to just close.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I closed down all of my listings last Saturday. I'm only a small scale seller, so any INRs will hit my ratings quite badly.

I took off my international postage option even earlier than that. I'm considering not re-instating it now that there's the international delivery thingy handled by EBay themselves
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    Grimbal wrote: »
    I closed down all of my listings last Saturday. I'm only a small scale seller, so any INRs will hit my ratings quite badly.

I took off my international postage option even earlier than that. I'm considering not re-instating it now that there's the international delivery thingy handled by EBay themselves

Same as me ! I hit TRS on Sat - so I didn't want anything taking that away from me ( only been selling since Sep) I don't ship anywhere but UK and have blocked everywhere else ( I sell pre loved plus size clothes - so not needing international sales lol )

I'm looking forward to getting back into it on 2nd Jan although I'm still buying in stock in readiness.
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    densol wrote: »
    Same as me ! I hit TRS on Sat - so I didn't want anything taking that away from me ( only been selling since Sep) I don't ship anywhere but UK and have blocked everywhere else ( I sell pre loved plus size clothes - so not needing international sales lol )

I'm looking forward to getting back into it on 2nd Jan although I'm still buying in stock in readiness.

Don't forget though that if you are closed for a couple of weeks you may well slip out of the TRS range- so keep an eye on it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Don't forget though that if you are closed for a couple of weeks you may well slip out of the TRS range- so keep an eye on it.

Cheers Soolin - I watch it everyday - I've only one defect ( touch wood ) and last posting of stuff was end of Nov - so hoping it's good feedback or no feedback and the TRS remains :) only been selling 3 months so value and sales won't dropunder required amounts
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • Grimbal
    Options
    Argh ! I should have kept my mouth shut - first query of non-delivered item of the season. I have a feeling about this buyer though. A new buyer (apparently), asking for tracking info (on an £8 item), with contact via "other". Call me cynical but I just have a hunch about this one
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    what is TRS? and how do you close for xmas on Ebay, I'm a new seller too.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Grimbal
    edited 18 December 2014 at 6:15PM
    Options

TRS=top rated seller

You can only close for Xmas if you're a business seller - are you business or private?

If you have a shop, go to your Selling Manager, summary page. On the bottom right, look for "manage my shop". A few lines underneath the header is "holiday settings" which is where you can put your shop in holiday mode
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If you don't have a shop then you close purely by not listing. I've got no listings on my private account finishing before Christmas now, all mine end afterwards.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure