Irresponsible tv advert for drink

Options
I don't know if I'm putting this in the right place but here goes.

There is a tv currently showing on tv for a weetabix drink and it shows theperson falling out the window backwards after waking up in hi suit!!

Why do these adverts get passed I mean surely this will encourage people to do the horrible practice of sleeping in their clothes which quite frankly is wholly irresponsible.

Oh and maybe people will now chuck themselves backwards out of a window for good measure too.

Im OUTRAGED. Wont somebody please think of the children
Dont rock the boat
Dont rock the boat ,baby

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

There is a tv currently showing on tv for a weetabix drink and it shows theperson falling out the window backwards after waking up in hi suit!!

Why do these adverts get passed I mean surely this will encourage people to do the horrible practice of sleeping in their clothes which quite frankly is wholly irresponsible.

Oh and maybe people will now chuck themselves backwards out of a window for good measure too.

The whole point he's young and parties every night, comes home falls into bed and sleeps. There's no time for breakfast as he's got to be at work at the awfully early time of 9AM, as he was up so late the night before partying, sleep is more important than breakfast.

It's the quickest way to get something in him and at the meeting on time. If it were me I'd probably still be half asleep.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Bobcrowther
    Bobcrowther Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, totally.
    I saw an advert* recently where a man in a mask and cape would go around town and beat up people for seemingly no reason. He'd also drive irresponsibly and had some sort of vendetta against a poor chap in makeup who was clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.
    What sort of example is this to our poor children?

*Possibly a film
  • Alienna
    Alienna Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Children do sometimes get influenced by adverts - so my Mum tells me!

A 3 year old in the 1980s... The house was too quiet. My mum goes to find me. Bathroom door closed. "uh oh" Opens door. There's this white thing in the middle of the room happily shaking a bottle of talc everywhere while singing the Shake and Vac jingle! :rotfl:

I do love that story!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2016 at 9:55PM
    Options

Theres a tv showing on tv ?
    How dare u spew this untruthful lie. You're clearly nothonest or moral.
    I'm disgusted at this SPURIOUS example.
    I'm just off too garther some more mse invective.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The yoof have finally done away with cutlery.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, totally.
    I saw an advert* recently where a man in a mask and cape would go around town and beat up people for seemingly no reason. He'd also drive irresponsibly and had some sort of vendetta against a poor chap in makeup who was clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.
    What sort of example is this to our poor children?

*Possibly a film

Sounds like Meerkats to me.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That weetabix advert annoys me as when he gets to the meeting he has a croissant on the desk that he moves away. So he didn't need to have breakfast on the run. He had breakfast in work waiting for him so it's a pointless ad anyway.
  • Bobcrowther
    Bobcrowther Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Sounds like Meerkats to me.

No, it's the truth .

Then there was this documentary about a chap who was bitten by a spider and it made him slightly doo lally and dress up in a red and blue costume. The poor lad then thought he was a crimefighter. Bless.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree about this advert. It encourages people to do silly things. I slept in all my same clothes for a week and drank this weetabix stuff and nearly broke my neck when I kept dropping out of my sixth floor window.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Theres a tv showing on tv ?
    How dare u spew this untruthful lie. You're clearly nothonest or moral.
    I'm disgusted at this SPURIOUS example.
    I'm just off too garther some more mse invective.
    Yes its called tv on tv and its amazing.

one deos wonder if some others may not have quite got my post though.

#musttryharder
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills