Is MyHermes about to go bust?

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I'm not on twitter- they used to respond on facebook within an hour- now they just keep asking me to PM and then ignore me. I may have to sign up for twitter if that is now the only way to get their attention.

I contacted them around a year ago,quick response.
    IME Twitter is the place to hit company CS up.
    Can quickly hit with wide spread +/- feedback. The fast they have 7 day staff makes it look like they worry about it.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    trouble with myhermes is they don't run a service like other courier firms.
    As long as you have a vehicle you can become a myhermes franchisee.
    you then collect the parcels at 7am from local hub and then it is upto you when you deliver them, you can do your school runs etc. at the same time as delivering parcels or you could just wait until 7pm that night to deliver them.
    they don't have structured delivery routes like other couriers

read this https://beacourier.co.uk/ it will give you an insight to why they have that many problems
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    trouble with myhermes is they don't run a service like other courier firms.
    As long as you have a vehicle you can become a myhermes franchisee.
    you then collect the parcels at 7am from local hub and then it is upto you when you deliver them, you can do your school runs etc. at the same time as delivering parcels or you could just wait until 7pm that night to deliver them.
    they don't have structured delivery routes like other couriers

read this https://beacourier.co.uk/ it will give you an insight to why they have that many problems

A lot of courier firms employ self employed vehicle owners. Most of them though specify a van. Yodel also employ drivers the same way My Hermes does with them just needing a car.

Also My Hermes are trialing a time slot now. Although its only in the tracking, its not normally sent to you.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 July 2017 at 3:43PM
    Options
    I had a massive problem with My Hermes yesterday. None of my parcels was collected and ten I heard that the courier couldn`t locate my house. I live in a London suburb!

In the end I found the name of the CEO and emailed her. Told her as well that Live Chat was useless and that no one had responded to messages etc.

I am pretty sure they got fed up with me as I got it resolved this morning!
    My usual courier is brill but sadly he is on jury service.

carole.woodhead@hermes-europe.co.uk

customer.relations@hermes-europe.co.uk
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    I had a massive problem with My Hermes yesterday. None of my parcels was collected and ten I heard that the courier couldn`t locate my house. I live in a London suburb!

In the end I found the name of the CEO and emailed her. Told her as well that Live Chat was useless and that no one had responded to messages etc.

I am pretty sure they got fed up with me as I got it resolved this morning!
    My usual courier is brill but sadly he is on jury service.

carole.woodhead@hermes-europe.co.uk

customer.relations@hermes-europe.co.uk

Why is one missed collection a 'massive problem'? A pain in the neck and possibly very inconvenient, but get it in perspective - these things happen, particularly if the regular courier isn't available.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    A lot of courier firms employ self employed vehicle owners. Most of them though specify a van. Yodel also employ drivers the same way My Hermes does with them just needing a car.

Also My Hermes are trialing a time slot now. Although its only in the tracking, its not normally sent to you.
    Yes , but they all have structured delivery system, with my hermes you collect your packages from the depot and it is up to you when you deliver them, if you want to deliver them at 7pm then you can.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pun wrote: »
    Why is one missed collection a 'massive problem'? A pain in the neck and possibly very inconvenient, but get it in perspective - these things happen, particularly if the regular courier isn't available.

It was a probem because it constitutes 4 missed deliveries which then leads to poor FB
  • ellasmommy
    ellasmommy Posts: 2,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    They are a big problem. I have never had a problem with any couriers but them.

You can contact them through twitter but you wont get anywhere.

As stated above, their problem DOES lie in the fact they employ anybody to be their neighbourhood couriers. Ours is awful.

I have a few friends that have done this neighbourhood courier with them and if they can get in, anyone can......;)
    Do good and good will come to you.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pun wrote: »

A single missed collection depending on number of parcels could potentially lead to a sellers account being restricted based on the late metrics.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    A single missed collection depending on number of parcels could potentially lead to a sellers account being restricted based on the late metrics.

No, you are confusing dispatch with delivery.

As long as the MyHermes tracking numbers are entered into the system before the dispatch date (ie sold date + working days stated in listing to send) this would not happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure