Full and final settlement help thread

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wockywocky wrote: »
    I have a DMP through Payplan, which is due to end in 5 months. My lowest creditor, Idem Servicing, is owed £140. Trying to contact them and Payplan, is like trying to get blood out of a stone. My total debt owed is now £2900, through 7 creditors. I was hoping to try to end a couple of months early, but although Ive asked Payplan for the point of contact at Idem, Payplan just deletes my messages and refuses to help. I have tried several means to contact Idem, to no avail. Surely, Payplan should assist more than this. I have never missed one payment in 7 years and a third of my income goes to the DMP, so that I can end it asap.

Can someone offer advice please.

Can't excuse Payplan's behaviour but if your creditors are going to be fully paid off in the next 5 months then none of them will entertain a F&F.

50 months, maybe, 500 months would be better.
  • NewcastlePaul
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Can't excuse Payplan's behaviour but if your creditors are going to be fully paid off in the next 5 months then none of them will entertain a F&F.

50 months, maybe, 500 months would be better.

Roughly 175 months on my DMP to pay Idem off
    yet they still show no signs of accepting a F&F so I wouldn't hold your breeah

Contact details...

Idem Servicing
    PO Box 16619
    Solihull
    B91 9TU

0845 196 0624

https://www.idemservicing.co.uk
    31st December 2004 - Debt was £128,596.72
    1st October 2016 - Debt Free
    12 years of Stepchange + PPI +F&F
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4862915
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Creditors have advised they would accept....

60% - Asset Link . Will pay that as £1664 (offered £1387)
    65% - Lloyds - Biggest creditor but dont want to jump quickly
    71% - Barclays - 2nd biggest creditor. As above
    75% - BOS, Barclaycard (1.4k acc)
    80% - Barclaycard (2.3k acc)
    90% - Assetlink
    100% - Idem, Benficial *

If the Barclaycard offers are via the ordinary customer services, tell them that's not good enough (you've got better offers on other accounts and you know they make better offers) and you should get put through or called back by the customer relations team who deal with complaints.

See if they offer at 60% ...
  • dobbollah
    dobbollah Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Roughly 175 months on my DMP to pay Idem off
    yet they still show no signs of accepting a F&F so I wouldn't hold your breeah

Contact details...

Idem Servicing
    PO Box 16619
    Solihull
    B91 9TU

0845 196 0624

https://www.idemservicing.co.uk

good luck with idem, im trying to settle an account and they are useless !
    Debt free since Jan 2016

:beer:
  • B0B
    B0B Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For idem do you not log into the web account you have with them and ask for a settlement figure ? And they then inform you how to pay it ?
  • syvci
    syvci Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, does anyone know of any counter offer letter templates? I want to send some letters off but find the templates useful.

Cheers,

Andy
  • Peter91
    Peter91 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2015 at 12:50PM
    Options
    Hi All,

I got approached today by "The Zinc Group" that I owe a 3 figure sum on a outstanding charge of 50 quid with a company...

Basically what has happened is, a company that I had some transactions with went bust in the UK and left, then apparently 5 months after that send me a late invoice that I haven't paid (I've found an e-mail with that invoice so its not a lie - I've just never read it..)... And a year later now they are asking for 3x that amount?

Any suggestions? Can I settle directly with the initial company? Or shall I just offer 50 quid to Zinc?

P.S. keep in mind that I had hunderds of perfeclty legit transactions with that company prior to this one
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Peter91 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got approached today by "The Zinc Group" that I owe a 3 figure sum on a outstanding charge of 50 quid with a company...

Basically what has happened is, a company that I had some transactions with went bust in the UK and left, then apparently 5 months after that send me a late invoice that I haven't paid (I've found an e-mail with that invoice so its not a lie - I've just never read it..)... And a year later now they are asking for 3x that amount?

Any suggestions? Can I settle directly with the initial company? Or shall I just offer 50 quid to Zinc?

P.S. keep in mind that I had hunderds of perfeclty legit transactions with that company prior to this one

If the company went bust I'd be discussing this with the administrators. It should have been them sending you the late invoice, and perhaps they've instructed the recovery agents, but see what they say.
  • cmc_entertainment
    Options
    Just like to share my successful full and finals with MSErs.

Some were really good, some not, some playes hardball, but you cant win them all.

Overall, i have settled for just over 50/55%, with a few offers yet to come back.

Capital One 58.00%
    Capital One 52.28%
    Cabot / Halifax 44.96%
    Moorcroft / Vanquish 42.49%
    Cabot / Provident 61.78%
    Moorcroft / Provident 60.01%
    NCO/Arrow / Littlewoods/Shop Direct 50.00%
    Moorcroft / Argos 80.24%
    Cabot / Creation Finance 58.81%

A releif getting these off and only having a few biggys to deal with.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just like to share my successful full and finals with MSErs.

Some were really good, some not, some playes hardball, but you cant win them all.

Overall, i have settled for just over 50/55%, with a few offers yet to come back.

Capital One 58.00%
    Capital One 52.28%
    Cabot / Halifax 44.96%
    Moorcroft / Vanquish 42.49%
    Cabot / Provident 61.78%
    Moorcroft / Provident 60.01%
    NCO/Arrow / Littlewoods/Shop Direct 50.00%
    Moorcroft / Argos 80.24%
    Cabot / Creation Finance 58.81%

A releif getting these off and only having a few biggys to deal with.

hi , could you let me know how you managed to get over 40% with cabot /mortimer clarke, as they are only accepting 40% from me and adding costs onto it,
    thanks
    Nice to save.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport