How do i know if a debt management plan is right for me?*Debt Free Diary Begins*

Options
13»

Comments

• Emz1987
    Emz1987 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you think its worth starting a debt free diary on here? it might not be of interest for everyone but its a good way of me keeping track of where im up to and how things are going? :confused:
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not keep this as your diary:T
    it is from thestart
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • trouble1981
    Options
    Hi, hope you are starting to feel a bit more relaxed about this whole thing. I was preganant when i started my dmp and it helped me so much with stress etc.

Just make sure you are open and "honest" with the creditors. Take a guess on your budget initially but clearly put in your letter to the creditors that having just moved house you are unsure of the costs so will review these costs again in 3 months (or whenever you choose etc).

I have adapting mine 3 times in the last 12 months due to changes of circumstances and they have been fine so far (so long as its not stupid and you are honest with them).
    Hope that helps
  • Emz1987
    Options
    Just thought id write an update on my debt free plan.
    Have been feeling better since dealing with CCCS but now its all gone down hill again :confused:

My DMP is set up but doesnt start until April (thats when i make my first payment). I have told all my creditors that i am now dealing with CCCS but some of them have still taken money out of my account this month without my permission leaving me skint again!!! feel like crap :( was hoping to put any spare cash to one side to help me when i go on maternity.
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    do you not have a new bank account are your direct debits / standing orders still in place?
  • Emz1987
    Options
    this is a new bank account. i cancelled all my standing orders and direct debits but my bank say i must have clicked the wrong button on one of them as the standing order wasnt cancelled.

the payment of £263 was not a standing order or direct debit, the creditor has just taken it from my debit card without my permission. i did make a payment to them in early feb so they had my bank card details. but surely this doesnt give them the right to just take money off my card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure