CSA - 2nd wife confused and worried. Help!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Pere_Ubu
    Pere_Ubu Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    They have no legal right to this information. If they persist write to them stating that you feel intimidated, they are causing you stress, you feel they are harrassing you and that harrassment is a criminal offence (as well as a civil) one and if they persist you will report them and the Secretary of State reposible for the CSA to the police. Further any attempt by them to find out what your income is will be regarded as a tort and dealt with appropriately.
    Send this letter to them recorded delivery and also to the DWP Secretary of State I think it is Charles Clarke. Then if anything comes of it you can call Charlie Clarke as a witness!! Will they persist with this line of questioning doubt it!! They will not want any Secretary of State called as witness. You could consider contacting your local MP but I think go to the top and watch it trickle down.
    The involvement of the police means that part of your frustration with the CSA will at least me dealt with by another body (police) thus allieviating you of the chore. Don't forget to ask them for CAD reference number.
  • Orchid
    Orchid Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zziggi wrote:
    I thought you could refuse to give your income details under data protection rules.

Zziggi - I have decided that I will be refusing.
    Spendless wrote:
    Can someone tell me what happens if the ex husband stops working and is supported by his new wife who has a very high income.

Spendless - hopefully someone in the know will answer your question but I don't think the CSA can do anything about it but I'm not sure. My view is that he has a responsibility towards his children and should be supporting them.
    LoLo wrote:
    I think that if you don't give your wage details the csa assume you can contribute to half of the household bills etc.

LoLo - I prefer this than them finding out about my wage.
    Jummy wrote:
    we have worked out that the ex now gets 9.00 a week of money that is supposedly for my son.
    They also sent the ex a complete breakdown of our earnings which we were not happy about.

Jummy - this is awful. How can this be fair? I'm totally speechless that they have sent details of your earnings to your partner's Ex. why? oh why? oh why?
    Beccles wrote:
    Does this ruling mean that he'll now have to tell the CSA about his new wife's income and her housing details, and her circumstances will be taken into account? I know the woman too and she'll go crackers if this is the case!

Beccles - I hope someone comes along soon to answer your question as I have no idea.
    Sensemaya wrote:
    An NRPP does not have to supply their income details.This will result in an Cat B MA,but does not generally alter the assessment figure.

Sensemaya - That is what I thought. I'm definitely not giving them my details. Thanks for the other tips. Is NASCA and the other site totally independent of the CSA/government or will they pass our details onwards?

calleyw - yes it just all sounds very stressful. Good luck
    Pere_Ubu wrote:
    They have no legal right to this information. If they persist write to them stating that you feel intimidated, they are causing you stress, you feel they are harrassing you and that harrassment is a criminal offence (as well as a civil) one and if they persist you will report them and the Secretary of State reposible for the CSA to the police.

Pere Ubu - this is really useful info. I will definitely do this if they start harrassing me.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Start B[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]alance[/FONT]: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]£19[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4,162.57[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] * New Monthly Target since May: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]£2,906.29[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Current Balance: [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]£188,511.89[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes and 3 unwarranted or unwanted phonecalls or letters from the same person counts as harrassment.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NACSA and the other site is totally independant of the CSA.Having been a member for 4 years NACSA has been of great support to me.Given I have another 14 years of dealings to endure with the CSA I intend to remain a member up until I am free of the CSA or until this disgraceful Agency is abolished.

Involve your MP and I would advise all correspondence go via them.Another hint.Put in a request via your MP to organise a meeting with either the new chief executive,Steve Geraghty,or if he is unavailable,a senior case manager.I guarantee this will be very illuminating.They will and do travel to your MP's Office.

The more people that complain and keep on complaining the better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure