Incompetent DWP

Options
Dreamscometrue
Dreamscometrue Posts: 290 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 8 July 2017 at 11:21AM in Benefits & tax credits
I have received 2 letters from the DWP in today's post both dated July 4th. One states "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. We cannot pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". The other states "I am pleased to tell you that we can pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". So which is it? I have tried calling but their offices are closed. There has been no recent change! The one that states that I'm entitled says that they will take away £2 because of either Social Security benefits, earnings, savings over £6000 or other money coming in but none of those apply to me! There is just over £6000 in the business account but corporation tax and accountancy fees will come out of that! It's not savings!

Comments

• Dreamscometrue
    Options
    Do they know their :eek: from their elbow? Answers on a postcard please!
  • ceecee1
    ceecee1 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    I could have perhaps helped you but apparently I dont know my backside from my elbow and am incompetent so I dont think I will bother
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    It'll likely be a computer generated automatic response to something. In the same way as when my overlooked PIP mobility payment was eventually redirected to me instead of Motability. the letter I received was an auto generated one telling me that the payments would from that date be being sent to Motability (opposite of what needed to happen) because they had to do that before changing it back to me. Being a dopey sod i only skim read the letter and didn't notice it was the wrong way around initially!
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have received 2 letters from the DWP in today's post both dated July 4th. One states "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. We cannot pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". The other states "I am pleased to tell you that we can pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". So which is it? I have tried calling but their offices are closed. There has been no recent change! The one that states that I'm entitled says that they will take away £2 because of either Social Security benefits, earnings, savings over £6000 or other money coming in but none of those apply to me! There is just over £6000 in the business account but corporation tax and accountancy fees will come out of that! It's not savings!

If it's your business then it's your money. It's possible that you do not qualify for contribution based JSA but do income based- does the letter state which?
  • Merlinthewise
    Options
    If you have a business account, does that mean you have a business?

If you have a business does that mean you are not unemployed?

If you are not unemployed doesn't that mean you are not entitled to JSA?
  • Housing_Benefit_Officer
    Options
    You have missed out the important bits of the letter - such as date not entitled from and date then entitled.
    These are my own views and you should seek advice from your local Benefits Department or CAB.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have missed out the important bits of the letter - such as date not entitled from and date then entitled.

That's not the point of the topic.

OP just wants to show how rubbish the DWP is!
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    That's not the point of the topic.

OP just wants to show how rubbish the DWP is!

Though the irony of a post complaining about a lack of info on a letter not containing enough information to offer any meaningful advice is amusing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure