Is this a case of Unfair dismissal ?

Options
I have been working with this company for past 1 year 9 months (10 months fixed term contract and 11 months as permanent employee).

Couple of months ago my manager came to me and to let me that they are planning to move me to different team in an alliance company and that she has sent out the proposal to other business partner and my would be manager - for 3-4 months or so, nothing happened and my existing manager left the company.

I was working with no manager ( on my own) for past few months and now all of sudden i have been told that they don’t need me as my role does not exist anymore and making me redundant and if i want i can apply (formally) for the same role for which they were considering me earlier (without formally applying).

And that is now under the person (lady), regarding whom i have made a complaint a month ago about bad work ethnics, sending email late night and always giving deadline of like 30 min (or firs thing next morning) for most of the task and this person was also present in the face to face meeting when i was told that they are making me redundant.

It seems to me that she is taking out her grudge against me, is this could be case of unfair dismissal? Please advice

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    The thing is that with less than two years employment you can be sacked for any non-discriminatory reason.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Why did you make a complaint about someone that was not your manager. Unrealistic deadline from someone else were not really a problem for you unless you chain of command was supporting them.

If your job does not exist what have you been doing, does that still need doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure