No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Options

Comments

• pirateyqueen
    Options
    1 UU, Lidl shaving foam. WMBA, did the job!
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have an in

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Micromist
    - this is a slightly different version to the one I have been using as it comes in an aerosol not a pump but other than that it seems pretty much the same and you get a lot more for your money.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    22 15ml tube of Elemis PCMC HG. More in stash. Am taking one of these tubes away with me. Will probably use a L'Occitane Divine Cream sample until then.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Here's my Finish 5 by Spring

[STRIKE]Benefit No Pressure eyeshadow thrown away. Laura Mercier Rose Gold Caviar Stick swapped in.
    [/STRIKE]
    Smashbox Full Exposure pallette. Am really hoping to finish one of these by the end of this challenge.

Kat Von D eyeliner. Still going strong. Love this product. Am amazed at the amount of product in this deluxe size.

Benefit Dallas blush. It is a real effort to keep this in rotation as it feels like I am making no difference to the pannage whatosever.

[STRIKE] Lush Lemony Flutter. [/STRIKE]

My result is still the same. I'm fed up of using the Smashbox and Dallas powders. The eyeshadow has a bigger pan in it but the Dallas powder is like the bunny that advertises batteries!!

The eyeliner is still ongoing which I'm surprised about as a couple of times it has felt like it's drying.

Will probably be including a couple of pencil eyeliners and a lip crayon in my next challenge.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Birthday Houseplant! Hope you've had a lovely time! :)

Asset - I know I'm echoing others but just wanted to say: I know it's hard but it really doesn't do you any good to dwell on the money you've spent. It's gone. There's no way that's going to change. It's better to concentrate on what you can do with what you have. If the clutter aspect of it is getting you down, it might be better to cut your losses and GA what you can. If there is a womens' refuge near you, they are always grateful for unused toiletries down to toothpaste, sanitary towels and deodorant because these women leave their homes with literally nothing. My local one has a charity shop you can take stuff to which then passes on to the refuge but also collects because, obviously, they don't give out the address of the refuge.
    If it's the money side of it that is really bothering you then eBay and boot fairs are the way to go but you have to work out if it's worth your time and effort. I have eBayed some stuff but a lot of the time, I'm happier to just let it go somewhere it will be used - it gets it out of my house and off my mind.

Don't feel like you're alone in the way you feel though - clearly there are plenty of people around with similar habits! For example... me?! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Couple of UUs:
    11. DW Home Teakwood Myrrh Candle WDBA if I can. This was a TKMaxx find though so it might not be available.
    12. L’Oreal Elvive Nourish and Shimmer Shampoo WMBA. It's not my favourite Elvive but I wouldn't rule out buying it again.

Also some INs. All haircare. Got the AB stuff cheap in Asda and the L'Oreal stuff in Savers for more than half what it sells for in Superdrug.
    7. Alberto Balsam Blends Volume Boost Conditioner
    8. Alberto Balsam Damage Repair Intensive Mask
    9-10. L’Oreal Pure Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner

Think I'm getting a bit paranoid about my hair - as I do from time to time. Seem to be losing a lot at the moment which could be seasonal but also I stopped taking my supplements (multivit with iron, B vits, vit D, selenium and evening primrose oil) about 6-8 weeks ago and now my skin is desert-dry, my lips are cracking and my hair is brittle and seems to be shedding more. I know that lots of people pooh-pooh supplements and I agree that some are a complete waste but if my skin, hair, nails etc getting worse ties in with not having taken my supplements, surely that proves they did something? Will get back into the habit of taking them again and see what happens.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!:)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One sample UU:

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream sample WDB. I loved this. I will definitely buy a full size tube once I've got no hand creams left. Very nourishing and a nice smell too.
  • catherinekate
    Options
    Ooh, forgot it was the end of 5 by Spring. I had some success and made progress in everything even if it wasn't finished:
    [STRIKE]1. Sunsilk straightening balm[/STRIKE]
    2. L'occitane cherry blossom perfume - used about 1/3
    3. No 7 brown eyeshadow - major pan showing now
    4. Sanctuary spray oil - used 2/3
    [STRIKE]5. Cherry handcream[/STRIKE]

I'm in for 5 by Summer and here's my list:
    1. Sanctuary spray oil (rollover)
    2. No 7 Beautifully Balanced cleanser
    3. Amargan hair oil
    4. Body Shop coconut body butter 200ml
    5. Garnier Intensive 7 day handcream

All are LHJs and stash lingerers that I've been making good progress on. It would be nice to look back in 3 months time and see them gone.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Pff...sorry I've not been round much but things have been rather busy to put it mildly.

OUTs:

1 x Corsodyl Daily
    1 x Mitchum Advance Control deodorant stick

INs:

5 x Corsodyl Daily
    3 x Mitchum Advance Control deodorant stick

I hope you are all well.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• VALM
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Pff...sorry I've not been round much but things have been rather busy to put it mildly.

OUTs:

1 x Corsodyl Daily
    1 x Mitchum Advance Control deodorant stick

INs:

5 x Corsodyl Daily
    3 x Mitchum Advance Control deodorant stick

I hope you are all well.

Nice to see you Pickle xx

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family