The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Another good reading this morning - nearing 3 pounds. I can't believe how bad I've let things get!!!

But you're on the right track now, so that's good.
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    I had a serious wobble today between 5-7pm. It was touch and go. I was feeling stressed. A friend offered to bring round wine, but I declined. Put the kettle on instead. That moment of desire was actually short lived but it was really strong.

Fortunately, cravings actually don't last that long. I read somewhere it's about 20 minutes, and it starts off really, really strong, and then tapers off until by the end of the 20 minutes its passed completely. The secret is to not give in to it, and knowing it's only 20 minutes max helped me enormously.

I don't get them any more although no-one had ever told me that they disappear after a while, and I find that quite heartening. I thought I was going to have to live with them forever and I absolutely don't.

13/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3/10 for today please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,331 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all - 13/21 for me please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting that so many of us at the moment are working on weightloss. I know I should be motivated more by health or finances but it's the thought of empty calories that always helps me keep on track.:o

N drinking today but tomorrow is DH's birthday so I think a celebration is planned.

5 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

6 AFD for me please Shaggy x
    Arkers x
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2017 at 9:13PM
    Options
    4/15 for tonight please Shaggy

Managed to not buy wine whilst looking for something to eat in my hotel room - but not quite brave enough to wander down the wine aisle! More than 1/3 through the month and not achieved as many AFDs. Tonight I was thinking well why not buy a small 250ml bottle of wine - trying to be healthier, drink less seems less important. Except I know just how easily I will then drink wine every night and the siren call of let's open another bottle etc etc. Wish there was an on off switch but I'm rather too old to believe in magic. Need to remember how Honeybear focuses on how well she feels because of not drinking rather than thinking of how much I would like a glass of wine. Onwards everyone.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    8/24

Would like to have a run of AF days now. Although it is Work drinks again tommorow.

I had to buy 1 size up jeans this week - taking heart it's not just me. The thing Is they fit me perfectly and feels so much better than squeezing into too small clothes.
    Good luck to all trying to be slimmer. Harder than it sounds. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10/25 AFDs today
  • Morning,

4/10 AFD for me please Shaggy.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    9/24

Deciding early. And I have decided today needs some white lies to colleagues and going to remember all of HBs advice and wisdom. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills