CVs - Psychometrics

Options
Has anyone considered putting theres on their CV? Or in the bio/about me part on their CV?

In particular, I'm referring to Myers Briggs MBTI thought this might give some more insight into personality and fit etc.

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Many employers have moved far beyond such a crude - and easily faked - test!
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Would you want to work for a company that took this kind of pseudo-scientific gubbins seriously? More likely to put people off!

Though if you do add your Myers-Briggs code, make sure you also put your Star Sign and your Chinese year, just in case there is an employer looking for a Crabby MBTI Dragon.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't, if it means that much to a company then they'll arrange their own test rather than rely on what you've put.
  • fairy_lights
    Options
    No but I'd definitely include what Hogwarts house I'm in.
    Wouldn't hire a Slytherin.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Okay we can see the theme of the responses. OP if you want to do it then do it, if you dont want to do it then dont do it.
  • pioneer22
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Many employers have moved far beyond such a crude - and easily faked - test!

I disagree, the test itself could be faked but ultimately the person in front of you is going to be different to their profile and you're questioning will sound that out.

It's a gauge of future behavior, mine is spot on but fair enough.
  • pioneer22
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    Would you want to work for a company that took this kind of pseudo-scientific gubbins seriously? More likely to put people off!

Though if you do add your Myers-Briggs code, make sure you also put your Star Sign and your Chinese year, just in case there is an employer looking for a Crabby MBTI Dragon.

Gubbins :rotfl: I'll remember that when I'm up'chimney.
  • FLA27
    FLA27 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    As an INTP female, I think I'd better keep my MBTI score to myself....
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apart from anything else, mine has varied over the years. If I fill it in when thinking about work I'd get one score and a different one for home.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    pioneer22 wrote: »
    I disagree, the test itself could be faked but ultimately the person in front of you is going to be different to their profile and you're questioning will sound that out.

It's a gauge of future behavior, mine is spot on but fair enough.
    In your opinion! It's a gauge of nothing but the answers you gave at a specific point in time in a specific set of circumstances. To most of the 21st century, it was debunked as rubbish last century. Are you interested in a used car, low mileage and one old lady driver....???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure