IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN by Premier Parking Logistics

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    A.deeley wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks

I was thinking of using the mitigating circumstances as stated in the main guide

– It is a first offence on that piece of land.
    –You are a law abiding citizen and you made an honest mistake and you are now fully aware of the parking restrictions.

I do realise you can't make the judgement for me. My question was more of from the forums experience what are my chances. Using the two reason above.

The MSE "main guide" is nothing to do with this forum.

Mitigating circumstances don't have any effect over the ppcs!

You have no chance using those reasons!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I was thinking of using the mitigating circumstances as stated in the main guide.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

The MSE article is terrible and several years out of date. MSE have been asked many times to remove or revise the article but are dragging their heels.
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.

Thats where the confusion was. I was reading one thing on the MSE main site and another on these forums.

I will now pay the reduced fine.

Thanks again
    A
  • A.deeley
    Options
    It may be worth noting the fact in the thread for Newbies that the MSE is so out of date and to ignore its advice.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. It is appreciated

A
  • Quentin
    Options
    Before you pay up check them out at bmpa.

You are in the debt collectors stage now. Surely you read up on what to do about debt collectors!

Why not wait and see if they take you to court! (Which they have 6 years to do, so no-one knows whether they might do so in future)
  • Quentin
    Options
    It may be worth noting the fact in the thread for Newbies that the MSE is so out of date and to ignore its advice.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. It is appreciated

A

Mse do pay for this forum which gives free (correct) advice.

It is separate from the main MSE site - they know their article is considered out of date , but it's their website and for whatever reason choose not to amend it.

As you know every newbie here isn't allowed not to know about the FAQ!!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi
    The £15.00 charge is made by the IAS.

The IAS is the Independant Appeals Service and is according to their web site ' a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution entity'.

I did not proceed with an appeal.

Regards
    A

On checking

all std appeals in the UK are FREE , the IPC offer another version for £15 , have you been told that an appeal will cost you £15 , or have you read the letter badly ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Hi
    As I said I do appreciate the time taken to assist me.

I have spent nearly two solid days going through the threads, Newbie info and reading the main site before I posted my question.

I was not aware that the Forum section and Main MSE page were in fact separate entities and it's not exactly clear on the pages. So it is easy for a person to assume they are linked and the info on both is mutually supporting. Having this Forum piggy back ( or supporteed by MSE) on the main MSE for free is understandable otherwise it could not exist.

I made an error in not paying correctly. I'm not trying to get out paying something, I just felt the charge made was 'unfair' for the weakness in the parking companies operating system. I also thought after reading other online threads the PCN issuing company could only recover the lost money ie the Parking fee for the duration of the stay. Not an 'unfair' charge.

So I did pay the £60.00. Having to keep of the ticket details for a possible 6 years in case they try to recover the monies and with such a weak case seemed more hassle than it's worth. Waiting 4plus years before attempting recovery would be a good tactic for such a company.

As before thanks for the help.
    A
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I will now pay the reduced fine.

So I did pay the £60.00.
    Pardon? You are the only poster here we've seen do that in ages. Ouch, your money went to PPL as well! Awful decision. No need to have have paid this (allegedly) trashy firm at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • A.deeley
    Options
    Hi
    Whilst I agree with you about wasted money. Here's why I paid

1. Technically I didn't pay for a ticket. So my bad for not paying attention better.
    2. Advice on here showed the argument for my defence of no payment was poor so little chance
    of winning in court.
    3. As the company can take up to 6 years to take to court. It means I have to keep all the
    paperwork for 6 years just in case they do a late claim. Not hard but a pain and that works
    out to 10.00 per year.

Sometimes you have to choose the right battles to fight. For me at this moment this was not one of them.
    In the past I've fought when my argument / chance of winning was better and had refunds of £1000.00 + for a ruined holiday plus other stances too as I will fight for my rights.

As before I thank everyone for the advice it was very helpful.
    A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport