Close the auto enrolment sub forum

Options
dunstonh
dunstonh Posts: 116,512 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
The auto-enrolment sub forum under pensions has very low activity. It is getting to the point where new threads are getting either no answers or they are told to post again in the main pension forum. There is only around 1 new thread a week on average in this sub-forum.

For example.
Post made by iggerpud on 11th October was only answered today
post made by 123jm123 on 4th October was only answered today.

Both of those I answered after deciding to take a look in there. They were simple questions that would have been answered within no time if they had been made in the pensions section.

The pension forum is not overly busy and there isnt a need for a separate auto-enrolment section. Especially when posters are not getting responses or are being told to post in the main pension section to get replies.

I propose this section is merged into the main pension forum
I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.

Comments

• PensionTech
    Options
    Agreed. Posts on the main forum are usually answered within hours if not minutes; it does a disservice to direct people elsewhere, particularly when those with queries about auto-enrolment are more likely to be new to pensions and therefore require more help and engagement.

I seem to remember you starting a thread on this before. Hopefully someone acts on it this time.
    I am a Technical Analyst at a third-party pension administration company. My job is to interpret rules and legislation and provide technical guidance, but I am not a lawyer or a qualified advisor of any kind and anything I say on these boards is my opinion only.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Completely agree.
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for merging here.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Agreed, seems to be a pointless sub-forum really.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dunstonh, would you be kind and make posts linking here in both the auto-enrolment and main pension forums so that people who read over there ill find out about this? Else it may just go without notice, as happened for a while to a previous proposal.
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jamesd wrote: »
    Dunstonh, would you be kind and make posts linking here in both the auto-enrolment and main pension forums so that people who read over there ill find out about this? Else it may just go without notice, as happened for a while to a previous proposal.

Already done yesterday for the main forum: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542748

Not sure about the utility of sticking it in the sub-forum, since - as noted - it's very rarely visted.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • Former_MSE_Matt
    Options
    Hi all, Thanks for flagging this - we're taking a look over it now.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just bumping this as there is still the occasional poster asking questions in there and not getting responses due to low traffic.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure