'Faster' Payments to Nationwide current account

Options
I've noticed lately that funds I send to my Nationwide account seem to take quite a while to appear. It is usually on the same day but can take quite a few hours.

I do think it is down to a delay at Nationwide, rather than with the sending bank, as everything I send elsewhere gets there pretty much instantly.

Anyone else experiencing this?
3 stone down, 3 more to go

Comments

• talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got most of the high interest current accounts, and most get faster payments through by the time you've logged off one and into the other, but Nationwide is not that fast and can take an hour or 2. Maybe they are just not one of the major clearing banks (or part thereof).
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    noelphobic wrote: »
    I've noticed lately that funds I send to my Nationwide account seem to take quite a while to appear. It is usually on the same day but can take quite a few hours.

I do think it is down to a delay at Nationwide, rather than with the sending bank, as everything I send elsewhere gets there pretty much instantly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

From their Service availability page this morning..... We’re sorry to have to tell you that there are currently delays to all outgoing and incoming Faster Payments. Payments are being queued and will be processed as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause you.

Nationwide do seem to have this issue quite often, although in all fairness they are also pretty good at announcing it. The "heads up" on todays one has been on their site for at least a couple of days.
  • puk999
    puk999 Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    B_G_B wrote: »
    Nationwide do seem to have this issue quite often, although in all fairness they are also pretty good at announcing it.

I see this often at Nationwide too. Haven't encountered the issue yet with NatWest or TSB despite using their FP payment services more frequently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure