Co-op Bank - say Reward ceases on switch

Options
I switched from Co-op Bank on 1st Nov. I had an Everyday Reward account paying £4 per month if criteria met i.e pay in £800 per month and have 4 Active direct debits. The reward for the month was paid the following month. They are saying that the reward ceases on switching which I understand. But my argument is that my account was fully functional from 1st - 31 Oct and met the criteria therefore I am entitled to the Reward. They disagree. I am now waiting to hear back from a different team. What do you think?

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I switched from Co-op Bank on 1st Nov. I had an Everyday Reward account paying £4 per month if criteria met i.e pay in £800 per month and have 4 Active direct debits. The reward for the month was paid the following month. They are saying that the reward ceases on switching which I understand. But my argument is that my account was fully functional from 1st - 31 Oct and met the criteria therefore I am entitled to the Reward. They disagree. I am now waiting to hear back from a different team. What do you think?

I agree with you that you qualify for the Reward for October.

Perhaps :p more importantly, Co-operative Bank's FAQ also agree with you. I would point this out to them.

https://ask.co-operativebank.co.uk/system/templates/selfservice/coop/#!portal/401100000001000/article/PROD-3936/Will-I-still-receive-my-Everyday-Reward-Payment-if-I-close-switch-or-partially-switch-my-account

I would point this out to them.
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    That's a lot of hassle, either side, for 4 quid.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options
    That's a lot of hassle, either side, for 4 quid.
    Wash you mouth out! :D
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP not necessarily. Did you join Co-op rewards on 1st of month? If not you will not have done a whole month.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Target the £4 plus £25 compensation!
  • Spanishsunawaits
    Options
    Thanks Badger. Appreciate the link. That’s what I thought I had read somewhere. I shall see what they say when they call back. In answer to other post, £4 is £4 and apart from being entitled to it, it’s the principle too.
  • Spanishsunawaits
    Options
    Peaceful waters - ha ha!!
  • Spanishsunawaits
    Options
    Hi - received a call from Co-op. As my switch took place on 1 November and as a gesture so that I wouldn't lose out, the team agreed to me having the £4 reward. I then referred the lady back to her own website, showed her on-screen over the phone, the relevant paragraph regarding payment of the reward on switching. She was very surprised as she did not know this! So I got my reward but there could be many people who don't realise this is the case.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi - received a call from Co-op. As my switch took place on 1 November and as a gesture so that I wouldn't lose out, the team agreed to me having the £4 reward. I then referred the lady back to her own website, showed her on-screen over the phone, the relevant paragraph regarding payment of the reward on switching. She was very surprised as she did not know this! So I got my reward but there could be many people who don't realise this is the case.

Shall I send you my Co-op account details so you can show your appreciation:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure