A + L on-line Saver

Options
Do you know if I need a current a/c with a+l to open a saver a/c? Also, my 18 year old works but does not earn enough to pay tax. Would it be possible for him to open an account, into which I want to place stooze funds of about £15,000?
Don't waste your words I don't need,
Anything from you.
I don't care where you've been or,
What you plan to do.

Comments

• Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you know if I need a current a/c with a+l to open a saver a/c? Also, my 18 year old works but does not earn enough to pay tax. Would it be possible for him to open an account, into which I want to place stooze funds of about £15,000?

You don't need an A&L current account to open their 5.35% online saver account. I have an online saver, but I don't have a current account with them.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • muddyfox470
    muddyfox470 Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As Kazza said you dont need a current account with them, any Bank account with anyone would be fine, for instance i have a Natwest account.

As for holding £15000 that would just be perfect, but he would have to put the money into his bank account and then treanfer it over via the A+L website (very easy to use). Its a great account that is easy to use and i have yet to find a catch!

Also as he doesn't pay tax, he will have to fill in an R85(?) form, to say that he doesnt pay tax.

Hope that helps

Ian

PS. Very easy to open, open one online within a matter of minutes!
    Student Moneysaving Expert :beer:
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    I heard that the online saver with A&L is having the interest rate cut to 5% on Monday.

You may need to re-think your account choice.

Ben

Post edited by Board Guide to remove references to individuals
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    I heard that the online saver with A&L is having the interest rate cut to 5% on Monday.

I did too, but it may not have been true though - that thread, which existed at 6pm, has mysteriously vanished now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure