We can't afford to live together and have children

Options

Comments

• burnsguitarman
    Options
    For Gods sake......Grow a pair! This thread is painful, one excuse after another. The 190k house has probably gone now, and the next one might be 200k.
    Either take the plunge and get on with it, or be prepared to stay at home with Mummy and Daddy for the foreseeable!
    Your girlfriend might find your reluctance, as a sign you're not really serious.
    Good Luck
  • JPB156
    JPB156 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Yea we have an offer have had credit checked just haven't gone any further yet
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    JPB156 wrote: »
    We did have an aip then did a full application for the amount when we saw this house and that's when we looked at monthly costs of mortgage

To do a full application they do a full breakdown of costs and credit checks etc.

I still don't understand this. I got dragged back in.

Have you even viewed the house??
  • JPB156
    Options
    I'm trying to establish the difference of it being brave or stupid guitar man
  • JPB156
    Options
    Yes viewed it done application and passed credit check now just waiting on us to put offer in and if accepted arrange survey
  • Guest101
    Options
    Yes viewed it done application and passed credit check now just waiting on us to put offer in and if accepted arrange survey

Are you in Scotland?
  • JPB156
    Options
    No England why is it normal?
  • burnsguitarman
    Options
    You're NOT stupid, just over cautious, worrying about things that may never happen, and if they did there would be ways round.
  • Guest101
    Options
    No England why is it normal?

No, no-one in their right mind does a mortgage application before having an offer accepted....
  • JPB156
    Options
    We've tried to think of like a safety net thought of renting it out but if it cost so high we can't do it rent wouldn't cover it anyway. And selling it wouldn't cover debt if houses price crash which to me looks likely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure