Vegan, Bipolar and in Debt.

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    Options
    At least you're spending less!! It took me quite a few months to get a realistic budget for food and 'pocket money' but you will get there. I am enjoying reading your diary...good luck!! xx

p.s You've now put me in the mood for a GnT!
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This may be the gin in me talking but I agree that buying Gin for the future is a wise, wise investment. I am panicking about when my birthday bottle will run out. Basically you may have spent the money you were trying to save this month, but that means you'll save the money next month-so you have saved money :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried something herbal like Kalms? I found it quite helpful when I was struggling to sleep with stress. Don't know if it would be any good or not. It's around £5 for a pack that could last 6 weeks if you only use it for helping sleep.
    Thanks for the tip but as I already take stronger meds for anxiety, Karms don't make a dent anymore. Apparently if you have to take 6 you need something else. (I probably need to go to Drs for a sleep aid).
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    edited 17 August 2016 at 4:34PM
    Options
    I was spending less. Until...

Evkizzy's self-destructive rampage.

ALL of my good work has come undone! Yesterday my 'official' employer (care work) said that I wouldn't be needed today... 4 hours after I'd turned down a well paying life modelling gig. Only to be told, they'd got another model, after I called back to let them know that I was available. Then I got a text out of the blue saying "...maybe we should knock [my real employment as a PA] on the head". Basically I got fired out of the blue! :huh: :(

This, combined with the hyperness and the nightmares over the last few days triggered a mixed state and I angrily :mad: went out (alone after ALL of my friends refused to acknowledge my texts, calls and social media). :(

I DID 3 VERY BAD THINGS....
    *I smoked cigarettes (after years of giving up).
    *Drank alcohol (lots).
    *Used my CC to pay for it all... Including a meal at Thai restaurant on the way home (which I don't fully remember but I know I ate 2 meals) as I'd not eaten all day.

I suck at being a NST and I've messed up my goals and budgets. I just want to stay in bed forever. I'm angry to tears. :mad: :cry:
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evkizzy, what happened today would knock anyone for six. When I was unexpectedly let go from a previous job the first thing i did was smoke after being on nicotine gum for weeks. I put on nearly 2 stone after comfort eating and avoiding the scales for years due to the trauma (it was the job i went into a bit of detail about on my diary if you remember).

Yes, today wasn't perfect, but you have achieved so much and you are brilliant at finding ways to save money. Today was a bad day, it doesn't mean tomorrow will be.

This will take some time to get over but you do have the strength to get through it.

One of the best bits of advice i got came from a friend. Feelings and emotions come and go, as do bad and good things. She said that if i was feeling sad now that would mean that a good feeling was on the way. It seems so simple and small, but it really helped me.

Good times will come again. x
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are you today Evkizzy? I was reading through your diary and cheering you on then felt bad that you'd had a not good day yesterday. Hopefully this means that a better job is coming your way and after this blip the only way is back up. You can do it, we're rooting for you.
  • evkizzy
    Options
    "Be prepared for a sudden, needed and happy change in plans." - message in last night's fortune cookie.
    Creepy.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Just took advantage of the Tesco wine glitch as seen on Jordan Cox's fb page. Got 6 bottles of Casillero del Diablo Metlot (selling at £8 each) for £3.50 a bottle using the 25% off 6 and by adding 9 cheap items (some of which have just earned me money on cashback apps), to take advantage of the TBG.
    Feeling exhilarated!
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Ugh! I got so swept up in the excitement of heavily discounted wine, that I forgot to check if it was SFV... it's not. :(

Though, I'm unhappy that I purchased something where animal products have been used to make the wine, it was a huge saving so I've decided to keep them and give them as gifts at Christmas. That's under my £5 per person budget which is good so far. That's 6 gifts bought for £21... £14 under budget!

I found tonnes of discounted items in Tesco today including a 6x1L pack of Alpro Soya Wholebean milk alternative (with one missing) for just £4.50 (that's 90p each. Usually around £1.30-1.70 each). Along with a load of dented cans of peaches for 23p with long dates on them... [I whizz them up and add to schnapps and champers at Christmas to make Bellinis!]

I bought 9 schwartz herbs and spices for £13.50 and recieved a total of £15 in cashback for them making me £1.50 profit and yet more free seasoning to add to the SP. My bread, pasta and lettuce earned me 95p in CB seriously reducing my usual shop. I'm really falling in love with COS, SH & CS... I find TCB to be really slow and has a lot more restrictions on where to buy and purchase limits but free money is free money.

I used the pealy (sp?) on a discounted Wilkinson Sword disposable razor pack to buy the WS quattro bikini for £2 less (it was already reduced from £10 to £5.48 in Superdrug) and that pack came with a code to send off for a free Nails Inc. varnish. (worth £11). :P

I also used an online code to get my free Bodyshop nail varnish (worth £5). Whoop whoop for freebies!!!

Does wombled (saved) money count towards M10AM?

I effectively saved £67.09 today (through discounts, freebies, coupons & CB) . Plus I found 5p in roadkill.

Feeling pretty savvy right now.

Oh and I made £90 life modelling. :)
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Great deal on wine. Good wine too.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills