Postage Cancellation Charges

Options
13»

Comments

• wirralite
    wirralite Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they are doing you a favour by reducing the charge by 50%.

https://www.parcelhero.com/en-gb/courier-services/prices-and-surcharges

However the same section continues...

"Every time a collection is attempted, and fails, it adds more costs to the courier as they will need to go back to that location again to re-attempt on another day. At ParcelHero® we also need to re-book the collection with the courier once we have confirmed a suitable time and date with you for the new collection. It's therefore very important that when you book the collection, that there is someone available on-site to hand the parcel to the courier on the day you requested. If you're not available when we attempt to collect, then a surcharge will be applied to cover the costs of re-attempting the collection."

This does not apply to a store drop off. There was never a scheduled collection time, and hence never an additional cost to re-arrange the "collection".
  • wirralite
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    As I said in post #2 ... some battles are worth fighting, some aren't.

OP has already invested more time in this than the issue is worth.

Maybe. Maybe not. It poses an interesting argument. Sadly, not one that can solicit a factual response on these forums. Not so sure any topic can TBH.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All seems reasonable to me. ParcelHero have provided all the shipping labels and arranged the collection/paid MyHermes.

Where in the T&C's does it say you can cancel a booking after it has been processed?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wirralite wrote: »
    Of course they are separate issues. One is an issue with regards to ebay, and the other is ParcelHero. One can not expect ebay to be responsible for Parcel hero nor vice versa.

There are not seprate because if the person used the correct method of returning the item you wouldn't have had to cancel.

So if eBay correctly decide you don't need to pay for the return of the parcel because you have already booked a courier then you won't have to chase Parcel Hero for a refund.

So if you want to put your effort into something then you should be making sure the person doesn't get any money from you because they didn't use the service that you had already paid for.
  • wirralite
    Options
    All seems reasonable to me. ParcelHero have provided all the shipping labels and arranged the collection/paid MyHermes.

Where in the T&C's does it say you can cancel a booking after it has been processed?

But HAVE they paid MyHermes? How do we know THEY pay for a delivery that doesn't happen? That is another presumtion.
  • wirralite
    Options
    Wow. I am really bored of this now.

Thanks everyone for showing me that these forums have absolutely no value whatsoever apart from getting uninformed comments from people who don't actually know facts.

What a wasted opportunity.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    But HAVE they paid MyHermes? How do we know THEY pay for a delivery that doesn't happen? That is another presumtion.

How else would you get the shipping labels if the fee isn't paid onto MyHermes?

Where does it say in the T&C's that a customer has an option to cancel the booking once it has been processed?
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Wow. I am really bored of this now.

Thanks everyone for showing me that these forums have absolutely no value whatsoever apart from getting uninformed comments from people who don't actually know facts.

What a wasted opportunity.

Translation:

I didn't get the advice I wanted to hear so im going to criticise the forum and its members that have replied to me.
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    this post does read heavily like "Please all come online and support me and tell me what i want to hear, and if you dont, i will throw my toys out of the pram"

i've seen sensible advice given but tunnel vision seems to have got in the way!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, has OP taken his ball and gone home?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure