2»

Comments

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    They are very female friendly :-)

Yes, they know that talking BS = Trustworthy

Conversely a good mechanic won't typically do a good job of simplifying their language and therefore seem less trustworthy, funny old world.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Given how many people quite happily leave serious faults until the MOT is due the fact that Kwik Fit point out your broken spring or soaking wet shockers or brake backplates doesn't mean that they're trying to rip you off.

Even if they're gas shocks? ;)

The old quick spray of WD40 and tell the customer they need replacing trick!
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had two cars that gave serious rattles when idling.

The first - well, I did wonder where I had put that mole wrench. It was hung on the water pump housing. :o

The second - A mechanic had left a tool in the space under the battery tray. :D
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a GV definitely the heat shield on the cat converter, they rust through at the bolts and flap about, I flattened a piece of coppper pipe and wrapped it round the shield bolting the loose ends together, worked a treat.
    It could also be the end of the exhaust after the rear wheel, that bit rusts through as well
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tonyh66 wrote: »
    I had a GV definitely the heat shield on the cat converter, they rust through at the bolts and flap about, I flattened a piece of coppper pipe and wrapped it round the shield bolting the loose ends together, worked a treat.
    It could also be the end of the exhaust after the rear wheel, that bit rusts through as well

Are either of those urgent?
    Are they expensive?
    Is it regular normal garages?
    Likely to take long?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business