Help Please on Natwest

Options
I have sent in my complaint and heard nothing back other than an acknowledgement letter, after emails and call I was going to give up. I went in to my bank to check if I had one of these accounts and it appears I did going back to 1997 but I wasn't aware and have never used this.

Today I managed to web chat to some one who said they sent a letter late September but never received it

They copied what was in the letter on the web chat which I could not copy so I still don't have all the details but the summary seemed to be corporate waffle around dates of account changes and dates they say they sent out correspondents of changes. They say from this because its 6 yrs they will do nothing.

I mentioned I have no record of reading or receiving these but they have simply not proven either way my complaint, that I was not informed of these accounts and no assessment of my needs was taken. I fact the only conversation I ever remember was someone advising me not to change accounts as I would not be allowed access to large overdrafts when I was self employed.

I feel at a loss of what to do next, any advice.
How can I complain before if I was unsure I was being charged for my accounts

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can I complain before if I was unsure I was being charged for my accounts

Banks provide monthly statements. These tell you the charges. How would you not know that you were being charged?

Natwest have also been sending out annual benefit statements annually on their packaged bank accounts which say you can change account if you want. They have been doing this for a number of years now.
    I feel at a loss of what to do next, any advice.

If you are timebarred then there is nothing you can do unless you feel the timebar has been applied incorrectly.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure