Chances of TV wall bracket fitting new TV?

Options
Hi folks,
I have an old 42 inch LG plasma screen on wall, about 6 years old and want to replace with an LG 43 inch Led, what are the chances that the old wall bracket will fit new TV?

Thanks

Comments

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pretty good I would've thought, the VESA standard has been about a few years now. Can you get at the bracket & check the dimensions of the screw pattern?
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are only a few sizes of VESA mounting points. Get a tape measure out and measure the distance between the top two mounting screws on the back of the TV. I fitted two 50" TVs from the same manufacturer but slightly different models a year old apart on a site last week, one was a 300mm mount, the other a 400mm mount.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Check the makers specification sheets (instruction manuals may have it, or online) for Vesa mount size... and weight of both sets. (The mount will have a maximum load it can handle, the LCD is likely to be much lighter than a plasma screen, though).

Also, if you have it the manual for the wall mount, this may specify the options it has on dimensions for fixings to the TVs. Many are adjustable and/or adaptable depending on the holes you use,

Check the screw sizes and thread depth permitted as these may be different... too long and you can damage things internally, too short the TV may not be safely supported. You may still have a selection of different screws provided with the mount originally?
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a TV bracket for my garage, I didn't even think twice about whether it would fit. We're talking less than £15 for a TV bracket, that's practically free.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    I bought a TV bracket for my garage, I didn't even think twice about whether it would fit. We're talking less than £15 for a TV bracket, that's practically free.

Have you seen what some on this site will do to save a few pence?
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Have you seen what some on this site will do to save a few pence?
    £15 is two bottles of nice wine. :D

Perhaps the OP is less concerned about the cost and more concerned about the time and effort that might be required to attach a new bracket to the wall.

Using the existing bracket will save both time and money if it is suitable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure