Credit Investigation Bureau of Birmingham

Options
Apologies if this isn't the correct forum...

My wife is being pestered by the above company; my radar is shouting "Scam!" but.... just in case... has anyone come across them or had dealings with them?

Thanks Tony

Comments

• laineybird2000
    Options
    Just had a scoot around Google. Nothing at all there about the company. Are they a start up thing? My mum always said, if in doubt, don't. Good advice. X
  • societys_child
    Options
    Credit Investigation Bureau of Birmingham

. . . sounds really legitimate:naughty:
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a scoot around Google. Nothing at all there about the company. Are they a start up thing? My mum always said, if in doubt, don't. Good advice. X
    Is google broke for you?

OP, does your mum owe anyone any money?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    6 of the top 7 results in google found them easily enough. Would have been the top 6 of 6 if this thread was not listed.

Dycon?

Although other than one phone number and a shared address nothing is showing. Is it a real company?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• bocaboca
    bocaboca Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    my wife is now getting calls from the ""Credit dept of the Office of Fair Trading.""

They claimed she owes money on a credit card ( which she doesn't)... SO she insisted that they tell her which card and how much at which point they hung up..... a good sign of a scam(?).

Initially she was concerned by these calls but she might be starting to enjoy them!
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bocaboca wrote: »
    my wife is now getting calls from the ""Credit dept of the Office of Fair Trading.""

They claimed she owes money on a credit card ( which she doesn't)... SO she insisted that they tell her which card and how much at which point they hung up..... a good sign of a scam(?).

Initially she was concerned by these calls but she might be starting to enjoy them!

Tell them sure thing, I just need your name, dob, address, NI number, shoe size etc in order to issue your payment.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tell them sure thing, I just need your name, dob, address, NI number, shoe size etc in order to issue your payment.
    You forgot to include: bank details, favourite sex positions, and anything else you can think of ;)
  • leedspete_2
    leedspete_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a phone call from these scammers stating that i owe £50000 to both barclays and natwest. If i owed them £50000 each does the caller think i would be answering the phone
  • ledmunds73
    Options
    I've been getting calls from a crowd that sounds like this for well over a year now. They always have an Indian accent but introduce themselves as "Steve" or "Kevin" etc. They will reel off a list of pretty much every financial organisation you allegedly owe money to obviously in the hope you might have some business with one of the companies on the list. The story is consistent, that these companies have engaged them to recover debt from you but they have a product to help, you just need to confirm a few account details first...

Asking them for a telephone number, email or website address so you can do some research into their company before getting back to them usually gets them to hang up.

Scam all the way....
  • Dianne_Howard
    Options
    Hi Folks
    I to have just had a call from someone with foreign accent dialling in on mobile number which if ring back does not respond.
    PLEASE do not respond to their request for Credit card ramble about Government help to clear debt.
    Again another debt consolidation company probably at best at worst con men.
    If you have debt problems contact CAB for ligitament help.;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport