IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye PCN for parking in Mother and baby

Options
13»

Comments

• surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2017 at 9:24PM
    Options
    Please can you point me to the section of the equality act that covers retailers and provision parking for pregnant customers, I don't think it's in there and your barking up the wrong tree but prove me wrong.

I reviewed the act for my company as part of a accreditation and found nothing to cover preganant customers, staff yes.

If that the case then most retailers in the country are in Breach.

The retailer may have photos of a lack of child seats in the car which could be the issue, with that defence.

I have four kids and never felt the need to use p&c bays when my wife was pregnant. She doesn't agree they are necessary for pregnant women. I am no parking eye fan but it also doesn't seem fair that retailers can't set the rules for p & c spaces and people blatantly use them against these rules. Asda do clearly show a policy on these bays why would you assume anything.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can you point me to the section of the Equality act that covers retailers and provision parking for pregnant customers, I don't think it's in there and your barking up the wrong tree but prove me wrong.

Companies don't have to make any adjustments. The maternity provision in the EA is minor; you just can't treat a pregnant lady or nursing mother unfairly/adversely. In Scotland, it's illegal to prevent a nursing mother from feeding a baby. That's about it!

The retailer may have photos of a lack of child seats in the car which could be the issue.
    pathetic if so, have they not heard of:

(a) small baby seats that click into a pram chassis or might be placed across a trolley?
    (b) kids who don't actually need a car seat/booster but are under twelve so meet the signage rule?
    I be four kids and never felt the need to use p&c bays when my wife was pregnant.
    Same here and not after they were born either, really there is no need for the gimmick.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've transported small children with all the detritus junk and car seat(s) sometimes this has involved swapping car seats and the only evidence that a child/toddler had been in my vehicle would have been the muddy footprints on the back of the front passenger seat ( why do they do this???) or the occasional dropped octonauts/go jetters activity book on the floor
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • ClumsyMumsy
    Options
    I have just found this little snippet of info on a disability website -"The legal position is quite simple. Off-street car parks can have spaces for pink Sherman tanks if they want and if they put up the proper signs they can charge you if you park there with any other vehicle. Therefore disabled people without children cannot park in the parent and child spaces." Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just found this little snippet of info on a disability website -"The legal position is quite simple. Off-street car parks can have spaces for pink Sherman tanks if they want and if they put up the proper signs they can charge you if you park there with any other vehicle. Therefore disabled people without children cannot park in the parent and child spaces." Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.

You should read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES (assuming yours was a ticket in a private car park, not a council one) and then start your own thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • LOU7illest
    Options
    My appeal was successful I just added the inadequate signage post to the bit I posted in the thread and they cancelled it. Thank you very much for your help
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can find any more substantial legal links to this? I am going to use it as a dispute to a parking charge I received today if I can find another link.

Then you will be wasting your time and the chance of a successful appeal.

Please do as you agreed on signup and Read the Newbies Sticky and not hijack other peoples threads. That way you will get real help!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    LOU7illest wrote: »
    My appeal was successful I just added the inadequate signage post to the bit I posted in the thread and they cancelled it. Thank you very much for your help

Good, as expected really. :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure