HELP! Noddle and mortgage application

Options
Hi all. I have been getting ready to buy my first house, finally, and making sure I get my credit ratings up. They were all sitting at 'fair' for some time, but with a lot of diligence, paying off debt and using my CC and paying off in full every month, now they're up to good, a couple of points away from excellent. I was looking at Clearscore and Experian only though.

I got an agreement in principle from Natwest and went on my way looking at properties. Found one, made an offer, and am just about to submit my application to Barclays (who had the best rate fpr me at the time).

However today I noticed I didn't know my Callcredit (Noddle) score, so I registered and logged on to check it. It showed a poor score, and a financial link to my ex partner (who I have had nothing to do with for years, or any joint accounts etc). I have asked for this to be removed, but I am scared this is going to derail my mortgage application!

Has anyone had this experience with Noddle, and should I be worried? What can I do? :(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You certainly don't need to worry about the score. None of them represent anything of significance and should be thoroughly ignored.

Check that all data on all three files is correct and ensure that anything is corrected that needs to be, including getting the financial disassociation done.
  • firsttimemortgage
    Options
    Thank you! I have requested he be removed from my file.

Is that really true, that I shouldn't worry about the score? I've had it drilled into me that credit score is the holy grail! I also know of people that have had rejections due to poor score. (I think).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The scores are largely fictitious and are not seen or used by anyone.

Lenders will only view the data on your file. No one has ever been rejected due to a CRA score - only by a lender's criteria.
  • mrmagooooooo
    Options
    What ZX81 has said. The "Score" is completely made up by the CRA's.

Each Lender will give you their own score which you will never know. This is based on the information in your file which is why it is critical that it is correct.

Get in touch with noddle and ask them to remove the association. Call Credit (Noddle) are one of the least searched by lenders so i wouldn't really worry about it too much but still get it done. Especially if your ex was a nightmare with credit! if they do search call credit they will search him too and base their decision on his history as well as yours.

Hope that helps
  • ukamber1
    ukamber1 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. I have been getting ready to buy my first house, finally, and making sure I get my credit ratings up. They were all sitting at 'fair' for some time, but with a lot of diligence, paying off debt and using my CC and paying off in full every month, now they're up to good, a couple of points away from excellent. I was looking at Clearscore and Experian only though.

I got an agreement in principle from Natwest and went on my way looking at properties. Found one, made an offer, and am just about to submit my application to Barclays (who had the best rate fpr me at the time).

However today I noticed I didn't know my Callcredit (Noddle) score, so I registered and logged on to check it. It showed a poor score, and a financial link to my ex partner (who I have had nothing to do with for years, or any joint accounts etc). I have asked for this to be removed, but I am scared this is going to derail my mortgage application!

Has anyone had this experience with Noddle, and should I be worried? What can I do? :(

As others have said....dont worry about the score the Credit ref agencies give, the most important thing is that the info is correct. Barclays do check callcredit and Experian credit files when doing a full credit check for an application, so might be worth getting callcredit (Noddle) to remove the financial link with your ex partner, if you have any worries he might have credit issues, that could effect your application.

Best wishes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport