Sold ticket on Viagogo but not received it yet??

Options
I mistakenly bought 1 extra ticket for Difford and Tilbrook at the Union Chapel in November, so advertised it on Viagogo. I've just been advised that my ticket has sold on Viagogo, but I haven't yet received the tickets (they were ordered from ents24.com, who say that they usually ship tickets 14 days before the event).

Viagogo require me to confirm that I have the tickets in the next 48 hours, or to notify them if I can't deliver the tickets. They also specify that the delivery method is UPS (Express Saver), which seems to cost a fortune.

Has anyone else been in this situation? My immediate questions are:
- Can I confirm the sale, even though I don't yet have the tickets?
- Will I incur a charge if I tell them that I can't deliver the tickets?
- Am I obliged to use the UPS Service, or can I choose something more sensibly priced?

Comments

• ollyc
    ollyc Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Did you state that the tickets were in hand when you listed them? If not then there's no problem in waiting until they are delivered to yourself to send on to the buyer. If you did state you had them then I'd just give them a call to explain your mistake so they can contact the buyer to explain there will be a delay in your dispatch.

As for the sending, I understand that you request a UPS pick up through the viagogo website, I assume through your account and listing ID. You won't pay for the delivery charges, they have been paid for by the buyer already.

Hope this helps,
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    ollyc wrote: »
    Did you state that the tickets were in hand when you listed them? If not then there's no problem in waiting until they are delivered to yourself to send on to the buyer. If you did state you had them then I'd just give them a call to explain your mistake so they can contact the buyer to explain there will be a delay in your dispatch.

As for the sending, I understand that you request a UPS pick up through the viagogo website, I assume through your account and listing ID. You won't pay for the delivery charges, they have been paid for by the buyer already.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for clarifying. I confirmed that I did NOT have the ticket yet when I advertised it, so hopefully the buyer will be suitably informed. I suppose the only risk is that I don't receive the tickets in good time before the concert (or at all), but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure