PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    angelnikki wrote: »
    Have you had the urge to clean the oven yet :eek: Maybe he's coming early ;)

When I got to 38 weeks and told my midwife that I didnt want to be induced and wanted to wait till DS was ready to come out, all the docs at JPH kept offering me c-sec :rolleyes: Maybe you should tell them youre gonna x your legs that way they'll let you have one? I ended up having one anyway after being 21 days over and being in labour for 30hrs!

Not long to go now. Let me know if you need any help with anything. My DS is 22months so he's close to your DDs age. Good luck.

Nikki xx
    When I had DS2 (c-section) I went in at 39 weeks as the hospital didn't want to risk the old scar tissue ripping during labour, had had to have a c-section with DS1 (he was breech and 9lb 6oz); just as well as DS2 was 11lb 2oz; and was heavier than normal delivery room scales.

Might be worth mentioning to your midwife about your concerns, she could be able to have some influence.
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMC
    What page number is the choclate brownie receipe posted on:(
    I have been going through the pages and cant find it........and since i read it all i have wanted to do is make it!!! I love choclate brownies:)

the link's on the recipe index on the first page Cranberry And Chocolate Brownies ;)

Mama67 DS was 9lbs 6oz too. ouch! Sort of glad I had a c-sec ;) And he stayed on the 95th percentile til I stopped BFing. He's really tall now too & weighs 30lbs, everyone always thinks he's about 3 but he's only 22months.
    :A
  • mumoffour77
    mumoffour77 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much Angelnikki!!!
    :jIm going to be frugal:j
    :DIm going to be frugal:D
    ;)Im going to be frugal;)
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................:rotfl:
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gawd!! i hate school hols!! DS15 has been constantly moaning that i never buy any ''nice'' food, so i finally gave in and went to Mr M's this morning and spent 20 quid on carp!! :eek: i NEVER spend that much on one shopping trip...needed a strong coffee and a sit down when i got home! got him some honey roast ham ( i normally buy a bacon joint and slice/freeze it for sarnies), some muller crunch corners (on offer till 5th aug...2 lots of 6-packs for £2), flippin Walkers crisps, choc biscuits and pop

i don't think the fridge has ever been this full!! should hopefully last a couple of weeks ( well, i've told him it'd better!)

oooh have to share :D just had Ruby's tummy shaved ready for the pups coming at beg of Sept, and my doggy lady said she's most definitely pregnant :T got her booked in for a scan on Sat morn to see how many she's having...can't imagine it'd be more than 1 or 2 as she's only a toy yorkie. but i'm just so excited!! :D

before i forget, congratulations :T SFT :T on your wedding news!! can't believe it's gonna be your 2nd time around...i always imagine you to be only about 21 or 22!!

right am gonna grab another coffee and an iced bun from the freezer (the bun's in there, not the coffee!!) and catch up on some posts

enjoy your day everyone xx
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hey there guys

just thought I would sign in just in caase you missed me,,haha,, have had two NSD's as I just couldnt be bothered going out ,, dont really need anything as everything is full,, e.g. fridge ,, freezer and pantry

back soon

KAAT
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MRSMC
    What page number is the choclate brownie receipe posted on:(
    I have been going through the pages and cant find it........and since i read it all i have wanted to do is make it!!! I love choclate brownies:)

If you do a search (or it might be in the recipe index on this thread) you'll find a Brownie recipe that has Weetabix in it, they are gorgeous.

Edit: Weetabix Brownies.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wendywitch wrote: »
    You can freeze them. My dad grew tons last year, so many that my mum and I both had loads and had to freeze them.

Thanks, did you chop the chillis before you froze them or should I just leave them whole?
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • findingmyfeet
    Options
    hi there

DENISEFOWLER _- phew... wipes brow....just got in there by the skin of my teeth. thanks for the gas/elec link earlier. Just got capped price deal until end august 09. The lady i spoke too reckons it will be finished with today so once again thanks. going to sign up for martins email in a few minutes too.

savingfortravel- congrats and all that. agree with everyone else, its your wedding and you can have it to suit yourselves. dont be influenced by other peoples believes and ideas. dont get stressed out and ruin it wondering how you will pay for it either. anyone can have a £20000 wedding but half the people i know did it for show, 'keeping up with the jones etc' , AND ARE STILL IN DEBT FOR IT YEARS AFTER.... not worth the worry. Have a nice affair to suit you and spend your money travelling together enjoying life...much nicer. all the best.

nsd so doing well, concentrating on savings on everything and anything.
    Off to tackle the car insurance people now.
    sealed pot member no :081:o 2011- £306.68 2012-£304.36 2013- £387.44 2014 - £441.43 ;)£482.30 2019 £655.58
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    I am the only person I know who has been unable to get capped price energy :(
    EDF messed my bills up last year and undercharged me,which I am having to make up monthly as I couldn't affored over £500 in a one off payment. As I am still effectively in arrears I couldn't swap supplier. It's annoying as I feel I am paying for their mistake and it's so NOT mse!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • mrssnowy_2
    mrssnowy_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Herbaholic wrote: »
    Not written down, I make it like apple pie substituting blueberries for apples but use a bit of arrowroot (cornflour if you don't have arrowroot) to thicken the blueberries as the pie filling can be a bit sloshy otherwise (blueberries give off loads of juice), I always add a little cinnamon to mine as well yum, yum, yum! I've found a basic Blueberry Pie recipe online, but when I was just looking I found a recipe for Blueberry Crumble Cake it sounds yummy, so when I get some whoopsied blueberries next time I'll give it a try :)

Sounds good,if neither arrowroot or cornflour,try sprinkling base ,before putting fruit in, with a bit of semolina(a la Delia)
    Made 20 lbs 3 fruit marmalade!!,using it as a trade off for all the yummy HG
    veg we keep getting given ,(potatoes,broadbeans,rhubarb,lettuce,cabbage,beetroot)
    Trying like mad to avoid baking,apart from bread,as only lost 2 lbs in July:p

Too many lovely recipes tho'
    x
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure