PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 18 April 2017

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry, bright and sunny here in EA but bbrr cold.

Glad to read that you stayed at home yesterday TA just another stress you didn't need.

Dropping the dogs off at kennels this morning as off to York for a couple of days, I have visited the city before but years ago so will be lovely to have a good explore and although I love our home it will also be good to have a change of scenery.

Have a good day everyone x
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Been a while since I checked in here as I had a packed weekend. Back to work now.

Wedding on Sunday was lovely. As best man, I think I done my duties and my speech went well.

Badminton tonight. Chicken and veg for dinner beforehand. Another early night I hope.

Have a nice day all.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely bright day here again although its very cold with a sharp wind, I have some washing on the go and will hang it out in a while.

We got one of the reduced tables yesterday but they were flying out and people were getting chopsy when there were none left, there were two left when we bought ours and people were arguing over them :eek:. OH is going to try and chop the rest of the wood today and then we can stack it and sweep the decking and then get the new table put up, its too cold to sit out at the moment but hopefully wont be long.

Not sure about dinner tonight will go and rummage in the freezer after this, I think there are some sausages in there but I am really not keen on them, I only buy them cos OH loves them.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just heard the news - there is to be a general election on June 8th!!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

Oh Wow, well last General Election i wavered in my vote. Not this time.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 1:57PM
    Options
    Hello all
    DH and I had a rubbish nights sleep, we were both up at 3am having a hot beverage.
    DH has taken the car for it's MOT and I have put two loads of washing on the line as it's quite sunny here and there is a good breeze.
    Well the chill out yesterday didn't happen because the DW leaked all over the floor :eek:. So while I paddled and tried to mop up the mess, cue DH lying on the floor, trying to sort the problem muttering something about "this must have been put together by monkeys ! " Needless to say he was not very happy about the inner mechanics of the machine. So two hours later when all pipes etc checked, we think the float valve (? ) was sticking. At least the floor has had another wash :rotfl:.
    Have a good Tuesday all and roll on June 9th !
    PS the car passed it's MOT :j.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon all. We had a change of heart re our bus trip out to incorporate a walk and late lunch. It was such a glorious day we decided to take advantage of what's on our doorstep (almost!) and set off up the hill to the Moorgate. Not been up there since last autumn and I swear it's got twice as steep over the winter! Then we had a wander through the fields to the start of the moorland. The views as always were spectacular, 30 miles up the valley to the Yorkshire Peaks. We just sat on a rock enjoying the peace, admiring the views and watching the skylarks swooping around us.

We were pleased we made the effort and plan to do it more often now the weather is, hopefully, on the mend! The only drawback is we missed our meal out and will be dining at Casa Abuela instead! I left some smoked haddock defrosting which will go down nicely with a poached egg, some baby potatoes and a bit of salad.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks and take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Coxy11 the relief of your OH starting work again I can relate to as my OH when he came back from contract work in Africa in the early 1980s had 15 months without a sniff of a job and it was a very worrying time. I had a 13 year old and a 15 year old at private school, plus a mortgage and all the other bills to find. At one point I was working three jobs at a time to keep us afloat .Eventually when things picked up, he found work, but it was a good job I was good at streeetching our cash till it squeaked :)
    JackieO xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up. We're away then, so Mr LW and I will have to organise to do postal votes, I guess.

Most important task dealt with today - checked Mr LW's accounts, and realised that @viva are supposed to pay him some pension drawdown at the beginning of April, and it hasn't materialised. Anyways, he's been onto them and says the money is now on it's way. :T He has another drawdown amount from C4pita due shortly, so we'll need to be on the alert in case that needs chasing too.

I knew the new method of requesting controlled drugs would be complicated - I put in a request for Oramorph (morphine "syrup" that is not on the CD list, which I take as needed) and sustained release morphine tablets which are CDs. The surgery phoned Mr LW (he's authorised to deal with phone calls from the GP surgery for me) to query what medication I wanted..... :wall::wall::wall:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening.

Not at sunny as yesterday but no rain which is always wonderful. Hair cut went fine although I was late as the canal swing bridge was broken so I had to make a detour.

My friends really enjoyed their sea trip and saw three sea eagles which is just brilliant. We had lunch at a local hotel and then they came back to my place for some heat!

Tomorrow I'm back with the truculent teens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure