Channel 4 Catch up..Ad Blocker alert

Options
Hello Folks
Hardly watch telly but on occasions have used Catch up on channel 4.
Never had a problem with it but went to look at something recently...Speed/Gut Martin episodes...and over the last month or so it's gone from having occasional meltdown message about channel 4 relying on adverts...seem to be running ad blocker message to the message being displayed constantly....whatever the browser..Chrome IE or FF
I haven't intentionally downloaded and ad blocker but looked into it and managed to get ABP to be on the tool bar and did what channel 4 said to do...click and turn off ABP specifically for C4....no luck same message.
Thought I bet folks are having same problem...so search the forum. Back in 2014!!
So followed the 2014 advice..installed sandboxie..and went through there..no luck.
Removed ABP (no idea how)..no luck.
Avast icon popped up in the same place as ABP icon (top right)..opened Avast icon...opened and switched off the tabs..no luck...
Deleted Malawarebytes programme..deleted Silverlight..not really knowing what I'm doing but thinking this has happened in the last month or so..best to remove something and see...no luck
I go to channel 4 catch up and it gives me the bums rush.
OH tried her lap top....same thing.

Any ideas anyone? I'm hopeless luddite so simple sentences please.

Thanks in advance.
vivvov
OH tried her

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business