PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 3 December 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

cold and drizzly here, no washing on the go as I have run out of washing tablets, OH will do a dash to the shop later, no point doing a big shop atm while we are in such a mess.

Today I need to re-oil the wooden counters which should be the last coat, then I can clean the cupboards out and start to put things back in.

We still have no cooker so not sure what dinner will be tonight, might get some big jackets and cook them in the mw and finish off in the log burner.

Back to work tomorrow so I need to get as much done today as possible.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,051 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2017 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I’ve been awake for ages enjoying watching the sky clear and become watery blue. Rain is on the horizon for today.

Tru - thanks the treat.

TA - are you still feeling rotten. Hope you get better soon.

Camelot - the craft fairs round here are not very inspiring.

My plans for today are to do the one of monthly spreadsheets for my voluntary work and get the papers ready for the NHS. The other one, the council return, is due in two weeks time.

Whilst I’ve been lazing this morning I’m listening to a load of music using my Am*zon prime membership. I’ve just started to really use it for music and films / TV shows, and enjoying it. Mind you, I’m really looking forward to the BBC doing a short release of some classic stuff from 16 - 30th December on iPlayer. :j

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2017-11-28/bbc-iplayer-christmas-2017-doctor-who-sherlock/

Anyway, life is calling me to participate now. Happy Sunday to all.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all

DH and I got up later than usual after staying up watching tv. Mince is in the slow cooker for a cottage pie tonight. not much else planned except for a bit of ironing and maybe I will bake a Victoria sandwich if DH is very nice to me,

DH has zipped to the shops for a few bits and pieces as he wants to replenish the nuts hanging on the cherry tree. I need a new dustpan and brush after DS used the indoor one to clear up some broken glass at the end of our drive the other day.

Well hugs to poorlies and worried. Holly H hope your leg improves TA hope you feel better today. Lainey and HH hugs.

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Late up again, brekkie in bed, shower, dressed laundry out on the line although I doubt it will dry much, will finish it off on the rads later.

OH is about to go out and slit the bags of horse manure and tip it at the top of the garden to 'mature' hopefully it will be ok by the spring if we get some good cold weather.

Pork for supper, I will take out some fruit and make a large crumble, it will do us 3 suppers.

I forgot to get OH's yogurt when I went to Aldi, si he is going to have to go without until I can get in and get some.

It is a dull morning, there is a slight breeze, but thats all. Its not as cold as it was so I have turned the heating down again. The bedroom rad is off and the window open to get some fresh air into the room.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, Happy Sunday.
    Yesterdays present wrapping didn't go as planned, it took 4hrs to wrap the DGC's pressies and sort DD's hamper basket. Mind you I was aided and abetted by Mr Fix It who seemed to think he was working for the gift wrap section of Harr*ds. He was so meticulous, unfortunately the DGC will just rip the paper off in 20 seconds :rotfl:. Anyway I didn't get round to posting the cards, I treated myself to a lavender bath instead :D.
    This morning I have prepped the veg, put the hoover over the dining room to pick up the debris from the wrapping and put a load in the WM. I watched a cat play chase with a squirrel around my lawn earlier, the cat was on a hiding to nothing, I'm sure the squirrel was an Olympic athlete :rotfl:. Nothing much else will be done today as Dad is coming over, although I may try and post my neighbours cards when he goes home.
    NMLC thanks for the start off
    Tru thanks for the carol, glad you are feeling better.
    LaineyT plenty of hugs heading your way today.
    JackieO belated birthday wishes to your DD
    Floss belated birthday wishes to your OH
    Cranky and Holly take things easy and rest your legs.
    Hester like the "children wrangling" , could be a new career :rotfl:.
    Take care and sending hugs all round.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Just popping back to thank Tru.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I've had a nice lazy afternoon with my laptop and The Sunday Times. Been browsing for books for eldest DD and also at childrens books as she said she will invite her friend over who has a little boy, whilst shes at home for Christmas and I'd like to buy him something. Shes booked to come home on 15th December but hasn't decided how long for yet. She's in her final year at uni and has masses of work to do including designing 125 outfits and a 12000 word dissertation! She desperately need a bit of rest time and mine and her granny's cooking! Oh and cuddles from the cats.
    Youngest DD has booked a week's holiday in Gran Canaria with a friend from 15th December - she has almost 4 weeks off work. And me....well I'm at work until the 22nd.
    I have found my Christmas cards and paper...but haven't actually done anything with them yet!
    It's pitch black here already so I'm going to go and shut all the blinds and put the oven on for tea. I have some cooked chicken defrosted and will do roast veg and Yorkshire pudding to go with it...nice and easy.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dp1 wrote: »
    I have found my Christmas cards and paper...but haven't actually done anything with them yet!
    My Yule cards have all been printed up and are in a folder on my desk waiting to be written - but I fear my heart simply isn't in it.
    I need to crack on soon (or else bribe/cajole/threaten Mr LW to do it), as they need to be at their destinations by 21st December.
    There's only 22 of them, but it feels like climbing Mount Everest to actually do anything with them.:cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure